All reviews place to stay laid back chill medina heart
Reviewed 1 September 2015

It was not really clean, sheets and sofas were dirty and facilities were quite damaged , some beds were not in proper condtion etc... The location was good , inside of medina. It is a bit hard to find it.

Room Tip: don t go there.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

I stayed at this hostel for a whole week. The pace was immaculately clean- likely due to the cleaning lady who was there every single day. The beds were very comfortable, although a bit squeaky. Showers were ok, but no bog complaints. The wifi was pretty good, and the kitchen was adequate for cooking. No breakfast, but for the rate it wasn't a problem. Hammock in the center of the raid was lovely, and the atmosphere is very social and welcoming. Highly recommended!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2015

I never usually write reviews - but now I feel I must. I said here for one night, and accidentally left my kindle. I contacted the owner, who said he had it and would sent it back to me. A week later, I received a $200 from Amazon - over 40 books had been downloaded - with titles such as 'Make Her Scream', 'How to give the best Orgasms', 'How to Get Rich on the Internet Quick' and so on. I am absolutely outraged. When I contacted Amazon, they used GPS to track the purchases, and confirmed that it was around this area of Essaouira that the books had been downloaded. DO NOT STAY HERE. Not only this, but when we stayed the bathrooms were absolutely DISGUSTING - human excrement everywhere, I left with bed bugs, and the water stopped working as I was mid-shampoo... I have stayed in TONS of hostels, and this has to be the absolute WORST.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank Lucy M
Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

We just stayed for a night, but i have to say I really loved this place. It was easy to find because it shows up on our offline Ulmon map app. The directions given by the hostel were also pretty straightforward. Rooms were clean, didn't notice any bed bugs. the atmosphere was great. The way they set up the hostel is ideal for interacting with fellow travelers, and i met a lot of really awesome people here. The staff were really friendly, they made me feel so at home. They don't treat you as guests, they treat you as friends. The wifi was also really fast, something that's not common in hostels. To those complaining about the noise, try doing some research about a place first before booking. If you want peace and quiet, clearly this isn't your hostel. There are a lot of other options in essaouira. And to those complaining about amenities, exactly how much did you guys pay? It's just wrong to give a low rating based on personal preferences. I felt so at home here, i wish i could've stayed longer. Great job Magic, i felt so bad leaving without saying goodbye. But everyone was still (understandably) sleeping when we left yesterday morning. Lol. Will definitely book a room here again if i ever find myself back in Essaouira.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

The supratour bus from marrakesh drops you off just around the "bab marrakesh" entrance to the medina . As soon as you get in the medina, just go straight and keep notice of small signages in white and blue text. "Essaouira hostel". Googling this location would be advisable as the essaouira do not have the best of street signages( worse in marrakesh medina) .
60 dhm/6 € per night. Bed is ok. Its stable. Hot Shower is not constant. All in all, id still recommend this. Because its good already for such cheap price.
Went to essaouira on a summer july 2015 and the town is super windy, since it is facing atlantic already. Imagine the Chilly type of windy season,
Opposite to marrakesh which is very hot and humid. The moment you get back to marrakesh, your pores will be on a state of shock. Haha

Bus is at 70 dh. Or 7 euro per way.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo