“wonderful”

Recif Attitude
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“wonderful”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

this is an excellent hotel with very good staff , great food ,and good location. we spent a week here as a transfer from the hotel Emeraude, where we had spent two great weeks. Our room was lovely with great views of the sunset, the room was very spacious and clean. The beach was smaller but still very pleasant with lots of activities if you wanted them. We would like to thank Raymond and Kevin for their help in making this a memorable stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Folkestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Hotel beautiful. Great location. Staff very friendly and helpful through the whole stay.

Room Tip: Superior beach view was lovely
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Scunthorpe
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We were booked to stay at the Emeraude Hotel, but once we arrived they told us they had double booked, and were sending us to their sister hotel the Recif Attitude, we were very annoyed, but after a long taxi ride, we were greated very warmly by Noel, and given a cold to wel and a very nice cocktail. Because of the double booking we were upgraded to a superior room, and were given fully all inclusive. Our suitcases were taken care of and Noel took us to our very nice room,with a fantastic view of the sea and the infinity pool. A champagne bucket was delivered to our room. The complex was idyllic and perfect for total relaxation. The staff including Noel, Raymond the Manager, all the bar staff, waiters, cleaners etc.etc.were exceptionally kind to us, and we wanted for nothing, they were so caring and nothing was too much trouble. One night when I felt unwell, one of the waiters brought me some fruit and bread to my room. They even brought drinks to you on the beach. The food was adequate, breakfasts were good, the chef freshly cooked eggs, omelettes etc. to order, there was fresh fruit, cereals, toast etc. The lunches were waiter service and there was a huge choice, the restaurant overlooks the beach in a lovely setting. The only fault I could find was the class of meat cooked in the evenings, the meat did not appeal to me, the chicken was full of bones and I thought was slightly undercooked. There was a lot of fish curries and fish soup, which I was not keen on, but they would always cook you something else if there was nothing you fancied. After 2 weeks of eating the food, we got fed up with the same choice at night time, but at the end of the day it was only a 3 star hotel. I noticed in other reviews people were complaining about the stray dog and cat at this hotel. They were no bother to anyone, they only approached you if you encouraged them to, and were very friendly. My only regret at not staying at the Emeraude was the beach/sea. The beach here was very pebbly, and you could not really get into the sea as it was full of rocks and quite dangerous. I love swimming in the sea, but could not bring myself to swim here, I tried a couple of times but gave up due to all the rocks. There was nothing outside the hotel, you needed a taxi to get anywhere. There were no shops near the hotel, and no paths to walk on, so we stayed put apart from a few days where we hired a taxi. There was some entertainment on some of the nights, some of which was very good, but most of the time we just sat admiring the view and the wonderful sunsets. There were a few English people in the hotel, quite a lot of french people, some germans and also some South Africans. You were given beach towels which could be changed every day. Wi fi was also free in the public areas. After two weeks in this hotel we were totally relaxed and i would like thank Raymond and his staff for their truly wonderful service (we were the 4 english people who watched England play football in the euro 2012, Raymond always had a talk to us in the morning about the matches). Raymond please thank all your staff for their excellent care and attention to our every needs. Our only regret is we will never know what the Emeraude would have been like.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the sea, so as far as we are concerned they are all good
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank andymatt
, Directeur général at Recif Attitude, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Dear Sir or Madam,

On behalf of all my staff, I would like to thank you for your nice review and warm words towards our hotel and crew. Rest assure that they will be conveyed to all the team!

I wish we could have shared better news for the “Three Lions” during the Euro 2012!

Very best regards,

Raymond Duvergé
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Our taxi driver on the way back to the airport summarised it well when he asked us if we enjoyed our stay and we responded with a polite "no not really" his response was... "everyone knows you should not stay at Le Recif". (If only we had know that before...)
My husband booked a week long all inclusive package at the Recif Attitude for our honeymoon. Having been to Mauritius before, I was looking forward to a week of water sports, lovely meals and being pampered, our experience was however not at all what we expected.
Our room was not clean and the toilet and shower doors were broken and our shower drain was blocked. After several complaints the toilet door was fixed, but the shower door and blocked drain was never fixed. There were stray dogs and cats living on the premises (there was a stray cat next to my plate of food on the table in the dining room one morning when I got back from fetching coffee during breakfast) and one night on my way to our room I saw a rat run accross our patio.
We were on the all inclusive package but our mini bar were often not refilled and neither was the tea and coffee sachets in our room. When we phoned reception requesting a refill of the coffee supplies in our room (which at that stage had not been refilled for 2 consecutive days), we were told that there is no room service in this hotel and that we are only allowed one sachet of coffee per day. Dirty glasses and cups were never removed from the room, on some days the cleaner did wash these in our basin and then put them in the cupboard.
The food was of very poor quality and for most of the meals the only options available were curries which was nice to try for 1 or 2 meals, but definitely not for every meal. Fresh fruit and veg was not really available even though it was mango season and you could see mangoes falling from the trees all over the place. There is no room service and if you miss a meal (like we did the first morning when we slept in a bit), you have to wait until the restaurant opens for the next meal time before you can get any food.
I tried twice to exchange our beach towels for clean ones and were told both times that they did not have any and that I should try again the next day.
The hotel is set on a beach with coral reefs, but unfortunately a cyclone passed close to the island the day before we arrived and due to that the watersports were closed until the Thursday afternoon (this was not communicated to us, we went down to the boat house on many occassions just to find that there is no one and when I phoned reception to enquire about it, they said, try again tomorrow). The swimming area is very rocky and was quite dangerous until the Thursday/ Friday.
Comparing this hotel with the other Mauritius hotels I have stayed in, or with the mediteranean cruise we did last year, it was just such a dissapointment.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Hanlie_Bester
hotels_attitude, General Manager at Recif Attitude, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear Mrs Bester,

It is always with great disappointment that we read negative comments on our property and we regret that you did not enjoy your Mauritian week with us.

We note that your review is being posted after 4 months (you stayed at the hotel in February 2012) and rest assure that we have taken good note on your comments about the service you have experienced.

I would nevertheless like to bring some precisions.

Beach towels are changed every day at the reception between 08h00 and 10h30 and even guests asking out of this timing, we would assure the service.

Breakfast is served between 07h30 and 10h00 but we have always tried to be flexible with “late comers” and serve a minimum of breakfast (tea, coffee, fruits, pastry etc.) out of the hours.
We do have often guests who enjoy their “first sleep” after a long trip and who miss breakfast and we always organize something upon request until 11h00 even 11h30.

We would have been very happy to help on the food if you have requested it, confirming that we have regularly some meat (fish, chicken, pork etc.) on the grill during our buffet and we propose also some classical European dishes.

We do apologize for the dog and cat and would seize this opportunity to request our future guests not to feed the animals because despite our efforts into having an animal free hotel, the action of feeding is not always helping us.

I understand that the weather prevailing after a cyclone has not helped the comfort of your stay but we do pretend that Récif Attitude remains an excellent 3-star value for money property and may have been different from other hotels you have experienced in the past.

Yours sincerely,

Raymond Duvergé
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The first word which pops up in my mind is really "AWESOME". I've never been to a place that beautiful, peaceful, full of happiness like the Récif Hotel: all the staff is gentle, smiling. The hotel manager, Mr. Raymond is so nice and friendly...this is so unusual.

Evening animation, food, facilities, etc. >> waouw ! :)

My wife and I were there for our 10th Wedding Anniversary. The Hotel organized a celebration with an officer by the beach. We had dinner on the beach...it was just... amazing.

I may sound like "too good to be true" but frankly, my words are everything but a lie.

Don't hesitate, go to the Récif, I'm telling you ! ;o)

Room Tip: 208 and 209 have not only a direct sea view but also, as it is higher (just 2 little stairs), there...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Coin de Mire Attitude
Coin de Mire Attitude
#1 of 2 in Bain Boeuf
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,359 reviews

Been to Recif Attitude? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK