The staff at this hotel are its best asset. Facilities are OK and the hotel is a lovely size at about 70 rooms. We had a de luxe sea view room which was worth the extra money with superb views from the balcony and possible to photograph great sunsets (weather (permitting). Beds are somewhat hard and could do with replacing with more modern mattresses, air conditioning in room worked very well. The bar and its staff were very good and the waiters very helpful. Lunches were very good and waiter served although if you stay there for more than a few days you get bored as it never changes. We stayed for 8 days. The evening meal is generally buffet style however it is best to eat early as although the food is in chaffing dishes there are no burners to keep the food warm. The quality of the cooking is OK but the basic ingredients is poor, especially the chicken and very unimaginative. If you do not like curry type dishes then you will be hard put to find something suitable although if pushed you can have a nice steak. Fish is overcooked and tasteless. Deserts were the high point with plenty of variety. I believe the problem is that the chef does not have an adequate budget to prepare good meals. The breakfasts are good with a choice of most things except no bacon. The toaster is a conveyor type but is set too low so for proper toast it needs to be put through 2-3 times. The management at this hotel really needs to up their game if they want to keep visitors coming. I feel that the staff are always trying to make up for the lack of food quality. As there are no restaurants close by there is not much choice without a significant taxi ride and most visitors appeared to be half board or fully inclusive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the north west of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is a must if you want to go back to essentials, to recharge your batteries, to spend time together as a family or as a couple, to spend time with friends...Nestled in a white sandy creek overlooking a beautiful natural marine preserve, this "Adult Only" hotel is an invitation to Farniente. Guests can spend hours chatting, sipping an exotic cocktail bare feet in the sand or in one of the cosy sitting corners... At sunset, the ideal spot to watch that enormous orange sun entering the sea slowly...Dressed in white and wood, Recif Attitude is a mix of comfort, vibrant Mauritian soul and boutique hotel spirit. The 70 room hotel with its cubical architecture, modern furniture and refined design, is decorated with taste. Warm welcome, caring and discreet staff, together with unique body care and facials of the Spa Attitude, without forgetting the seafood restaurant, contribute to the subtle luxury of this 3 star sup. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Recif Attitude reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Recif Hotel Pointe Aux Piments
- Le Recif Pointe Aux Piments
- Recif Attitude Mauritius/Pointe Aux Piments