We have bought the last minute stay at Pearl Beach Resort for 15 days (half board), flight from Frankfurt.
For only 1190 Eur it was excellent choice...
At the beginning of our stay there were only few guests in the hotel and the service was really like in 5star hotel.. All staff was extremely kind and serving excellently. The dinners were served a-la-carte. Only later when the hotel became full the dinner was served as buffet, but it was OK as well.. (Try smoked marlin.. ;-))
There are good possibilities for active holidays: we have tried free snorkeling trips, kayak, glass bottom boat, but the hotel offers also for free water skiing, windsurfing and small yachts. There is great snorkeling place just around 600m from the hotel - you can swim there directly... In the evening we use to play beach volleyball with other guests.. Running on the 7-8km beach around the sunset is unforgettable..
Flic-en-Flac beach is definitely the most beautiful beach (also with beaches around Le Morne) in Mauritius. We have visited them all around the island, but south west is the most beautiful part of the island.
Do not forget water shoes as many small coral pieces are on the beach, even it is cleaned every day...
Do not waste money with many trips on the island. Max 3 days car rental would be enough.. Because of have traffic driving is quite exhausting.. Cheap local buses are also good option.. Visit the local market in Quatre Bornes (on Thursdays and Sundays), where you can buy all those pearls and coral bracelets 2-3 times cheaper than from the local dealers selling on the beach.. (be careful)..
There is small supermarket near the hotel, but better prices and more choice are in Spar in the village center (nice 20 min walk on the beach).
Some guests paid much-more money for shorter 10 days all-inclusive stay.. Half board is fully enough, although the price of the drinks in the hotel is not so low...
And of course do not ever forget incredible sunsets seeing just from your hotel window and balcony...
This hotel is not 100% perfect, but it has very nice atmosphere, location directly on the beach is excellent and we fully recommend it for the visitors..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gold Beach Resort, in Mauritius, is located in the Western coastal village of Flic en Flac along a beautiful white sandy beach.The Hotel’s concept is to offer to guests the best holidays in a relaxing & enchanting environment with a selection of water sports activities and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Gold Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gold Beach Hotel Flic En Flac
- Gold Beach Resort Mauritius/Flic En Flac
- Hotel Gold Beach