We arrived in mauritius on the 13th of march 2011, we where left deserted at the airport because reception could not remember to send the hotel taxi for us!!!! we made 3 calls to jason on that night and all done from the info desk at the airport( at least those individuals where helpful!!!) and finally took matters in our own hands by hiring two taxi's to take us to gold beach hotel and jason confirmed the hotel will pay the fee...arrived at gold beach resort,total lack of service from reception,although jason was long way better to deal with than the other two rude girls at reception..!!! went to our rooms...no hot water as well in our rooms, we where all part of a large group and other members in our group had no hot water either in their room...complained about it next day...a lady from reception( not the two rude ones) advised she will organise a change of room for us...we where transferred to a better room the next day....the food and ambience at the hotel was great...restaurant staff provided excellent service...enjoyed the snorkelling and the beach right on the door step...some of the staff truly spoil the quality of this hotel....the reception manager VIDALOO OR VINDALOO OR VADILOO or whatever that rude idiots name was, was absolutely horrendous!!! she was actually having a fight with us for something that was in no way our fault but should have been blamed on that thieving taxi driver by the name of subbash( please watch out for this guy) well any way she should seriously go for some lessons in customer service and customer relationship management and hospitality because i can tell you now that she was shockingly horrible!!! i actually started recording the whole fiasco to put on you tube but she lowered her voice and stopped the monkey antics when they saw me recording, and she was also warned by her other rude sidekick who also works there who definitely learnt the rude beahviour from vindaloo (her superior) And what bugs me the most and makes me so angry,was the fact that on the day we left we made change at the airport and gave 1600 rupees in tips to subbash (the tour bus operator contracted to gold beach resort) and told him to give it to 4 restaurant staff who provided us with exceptional service but he took the money for himself!!!! i even wrote on the envelope the names of the staff who was to get the tips but he never gave it to them!! how dishonest!! and the reason how i know this is because we have made contact with the staff and they informed us they didnot receive a cent!!! so that was the last straw for me since we gave the guy his own tip and he was so flipping greedy he stole someone elses money....bad vibe...so if any one is visting there....be stern with reception staff and watch out for the thief...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gold Beach Resort, in Mauritius, is located in the Western coastal village of Flic en Flac along a beautiful white sandy beach.The Hotel’s concept is to offer to guests the best holidays in a relaxing & enchanting environment with a selection of water sports activities and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Gold Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gold Beach Hotel Flic En Flac
- Gold Beach Resort Mauritius/Flic En Flac
- Hotel Gold Beach