1,063 results
All reviews coast to coast private pool outdoor shower in villa dining cilantro restaurant our honeymoon presidential villa half board main restaurant four seasons leading hotels of the world walk in wardrobe every afternoon teppanyaki restaurant golf buggy beach staff main pool
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We lived in Maradiva for 3 nights and had a great time! It was my engagement surprise and it was truly special. All the staff members were incredibly friendly and helpful - especially Wendy, Sanjay and Christian.

The restaurants offer a variety of food, which all lived up to the mark! We especially enjoyed our tea-time treats and the complimentary jams.

We will definitely be returning to Maradiva at some point in the future.

Merci!

Stayed: April 2018
5  Thank FridaDR
Francis L, General Manager at Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear FridaDR

Gracious greetings from Maradiva Villas Resort & Spa, member of the Leading Hotels of the World!

We thank you for the time to share this short and sweet detailed review on your recent stay at our resort.

It was a pleasure to welcome you and delighted that you loved our fabulous villas, our friendly and helpful staff members, the tea-time treats, our restaurants with a variety of food and that you really had a great time on this special day of yours; your kind and encouraging words has already been shared with all our team members.

Until we have the pleasure of seeing you on a return visit, we wish you the very best.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights.. the villa was beautiful with an amazing private pool and huge space all around.. it is a big complex and has a wonderful spa.. the beach was amazing and a number of water sport activities are complimentary..
the down side is you will feel the aging of the resort.. the floors in the villa is wooden and will give a creaky sound every time you walk.. there are insects and flies during breakfast.. breakfast was rather ordinary and not appealing and variety is less.. while the staff were courteous but it was difficult.to find them when you need them and they do not reflect a 5 star resort.. I might be biased causes I had just checked out from.oberoi but you will similar comments from other guests.. overall nice place but i might choose other resorts the next time..

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sathvinder
Francis L, General Manager at Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear Sathvinder,

Courteous greetings from Maradiva Villas Resort & Spa, member of the Leading Hotels of the World!

We thank you for posting your review following your three days stay at our resort with mention “overall nice place”.

We praise your positive observations in regards to the comfort of the villa, our courteous staff, amazing beach and the sport activities.

However, it is with much regret to learn that there were moments during your stay that was not at the standard, thus, we sincerely apologise for the creaky sound of the villa floors and insects&flies during breakfast. I wish to reassure you that I will be following up on this personally with remedial actions.

At Maradiva, we believe that it is in the skill of turning any kind of situation around into a positive one, which determines the real strength of the team, and the quality of the resort.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future thus ensuring you to have the most enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

We have just returned from 10 days at Maradiva Villas and we celebrated our Golden Wedding Anniversary while we were there. We stayed in Villa 502, which was beachfront, quiet and private, with lots of space inside and out. It was cleaned efficiently every day by Shenaaz and Babita (Thankyou, Babita for the lesson in Creole!). The breakfast at the Coast 2 Coast restaurant was fantastic - especially the crepes! The evening meal at the Coast to Coast was very good also, although there was a limited choice for those on half board without paying a supplement. Special thanks go to Ruchika, who greeted us every time with a winning smile, and also to all the restaurant staff, but especially Iwin, whose service was exceptional. We had one meal at Cilantro Indian restaurant, which was also very good. We had a lovely meal on the night of our anniversary under a Raj tent on the beach too.
We also had a couples back massage at the spa, which was superb - many thanks to Razia and Nima. The pool, sauna, steam room etc. can be used for free at any time and were very good and we were always on our own, whenever we used the facilities. The beach is lovely, with plenty of sunbeds well spaced out. We appreciated the little treats brought to us occasionally by Bradley. Swimming in the sea is a bit difficult, owing to the shallow depth and the coral, but the infinity pool was really good and never busy. The gardens, trees and flowers are beautiful and the whole place is so quiet. We sometimes called for a buggy to take us between the villa and the restaurant, especially at night, because the pathway lighting is not as good as perhaps it should be and the drivers are very efficient. Special thanks to Ritish!
The staff at Maradiva are brilliant, so friendly and helpful. A beautiful place to stay for peace, quiet and relaxation. Thankyou to all at Maradiva Villas for making our Golden Wedding Anniversary holiday so special.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mh2325
Francis L, General Manager at Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear mh2325,

Our heartfelt thanks for your wonderful appreciation of our villa, food, Spa, beach, garden as well as our staff, namely, Shennaz, Babita, Razia, Nima, Bradley and Ritish, which has already been shared with our collaborators.

We are happy to note that your golden wedding anniversary was a success and a real delight.

My whole team will be honoured by your presence among us in the near future for another seamless stay.

With kind regards

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

We were looking for an escape and some winter sunshine after a stressful year.

When we arrived we were introduced to Nadia. What a breath of fresh air this girl is! She is so witty and had an answer to all my husband’s banter. Well done you Nadia!!’

Our luxury beach front villa was everything we wanted it to be. Private, quiet, yet almost on the beach. What a delight it was opening our curtains every morning to see the view of the ocean. Unfortunately the weather wasn’t as good as we had hoped but this did not detract from the the amazing holiday we had here.

I particularly couldn’t get over how we could walk around the resort at night and not meet anyone. Sometimes it felt as if we were the only people there. Which was exactly what we were looking for. Beach umbrellas and beds are so spaced out that you have quietness here too. I loved having our lunch delivered to our beds. The staff are very attentive on the beach and frequently bring you a cool drink.

We loved sitting at the beach bar and were well attended by Neal. We even sat there under umbrellas as the rain poured down! It is never cold! I especially enjoyed the fresh lime juice Neal would bring me as I tried not to drink cocktails all day!!

The restaurant is beautiful and one you can dress up for. Although there were people in jeans too. Our favourite was the Indian. There were so many dishes I wanted to try. I can’t remember the managers name, sorry, but he is very attentive and makes you feel special.

I must mention Ritish, he was driving the buggy one night to take us back to the villa and we got talking. There are a couple of Rolls Royces you can hire to tour or go for a picnic in. He is one of the drivers. My husband was really interested in the ghost. Ritish asked if he wanted to see it, so off we went and had a viewing. He went that extra mile to make our stay memorable.

Another person we have to mention is Kenny, he helped us with trips and organised taxis etc. Nothing was too much trouble.

An enormous thank you must go to Krishna.
Thank you so very much for making our last day just wonderful. It was quite unexpected and greatly appreciated!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sancra
Francis L, General Manager at Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear Sancra,

We thank you for sharing your wonderful and positive opinion on the different attributes of Maradiva Villas Resort & Spa and also for granting us the opportunity and honour to hold this special day of yours.

Your observations and praise are truly appreciated and has already been shared with Nadia, Neal, Ritish, Kenny, Rishi, Krishna and also to our entire team as it will be an encouragement for them to strive harder.

We truly look forward to welcome you in the near future for another seamless stay.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I travelled to this resort with my youngest daughter and her 3 teenage children. We booked 2 villas close to the seaside which could be connected together. Each villa had very comfortable beds which were made up by pleasant, courteous staff every day. The shower and toilet room was large and clean with a built in wardrobe close by. There was an outside shower surrounded by high walls. Only one fruit bowl was replenished every day by the cleaning staff. You can order meals to be delivered to your villa. The small swimming pool and the surrounding gardens were cleaned up most days. It was a short walk to the beach were staff manning a small hut were very keen to help you relax and lay on simple facilities. As an octogenarian I used these facilities in the afternoon and then chair and table were laid out for me inn the shade and a soft drink was delivered to me. Hear with binoculars I saw dolphins and a few birds. In the afternoon a member of staff must have walked the beach from the main restaurant offering residents a small treat, His walk ended opposite our villas. One day he had almost a plate full of fruit cubes on a skewer. He told me to take a handful so I asked if he could surprise my family and take a skewer to each person in the villas as a surprise. He did and came back smiling because my family were so surprised for his offer and his politeness. I offer thanks to the beach staff.
There are several restaurants but book a meal a day in advance at all but the main one Coast2coast. In the main restaurant the food is excellent and there is a wide range of choices. At the buffet breakfast cooked eggs and crepes can be ordered and delivered to your table. For lunch and dinner you are met at the main restaurant entrance and taken to a table of your choice. Sometimes the meal is a la carte and sometimes it is a buffet both with a wide choice. You can order a buggy to take you to and from any of the facilities but we preferred to walk. There is one problem the lights in then evenings tend to illuminate the trees so the paths are in the dark. I stumbled into low undulations in the path due to the bad lighting.
If you go to reception you can arrange all sorts of activities most of which are outside the resort but these obviously incur extra charges.
The resort is ideal for families, honeymooners or those that want a luxurious, relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Choose a villa with a sea view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank GSimps0n
Francis L, General Manager at Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear G Simpson,

We sincerely thank you for having taken your valuable time to share such a wonderful review with a “Luxurious Holiday” note.

We cannot ask for more. You did not miss anything but be informative and praise our hotel on every aspect. I already shared your kind and encouraging compliments of the personalised service with our collaborators.

It is indeed our pleasure that you have chosen Maradiva to spend your timeless moment.

My team and I, we look forward to welcoming you soon in our little paradise.