1,063 results
All reviews coast to coast private pool outdoor shower in villa dining cilantro restaurant our honeymoon presidential villa half board main restaurant four seasons leading hotels of the world walk in wardrobe every afternoon teppanyaki restaurant golf buggy beach staff main pool
Reviewed 4 October 2015

We have just recently celebrated our wedding and honeymoon at The Maradiva, from the moment we arrived til the very last second of our stay at The Maradiva we were treated exceptionally well.
Every member of staff was friendly and knew us by name from the start of our 2 week stay. The villas were kept extremely clean and very private, they were well equipped with cups, glasses etc and we always had plenty of water, nespresso pods and teabags. We stayed in a beachfront villa, we had plenty of privacy and lovely views of the sea. The villa was large, with the bathroom, shower, outside shower and dressing room being one of the largest bathrooms I have seen and always well equipped with clean towels, shampoo, shower gel etc. we loved spending our evenings sitting in our outside lounge looking over our pool to the sea.
As with other reviews even though the hotel was near full capacity you rarely saw anyone during the day, maybe a few people on the beach.
It would be impossible to remember and name all the lovely members of staff from the cleaners, waiters, chefs, reception staff, villa staff to the lovely girls and boys in the spa, every single member of staff we came across couldn't do enough to make our stay the most memorable and wonderful holiday we could have wished for.
The food in Coast2Coast was lovely , I looked forward each morning to breakfast and the friendly chats with the restaurant staff and the chefs (who would come and chat to us to make sure we were happy with everything) they would recommend some of their Mauritian breakfast dishes, I especially loved the chilled coconut oaty muesli served with dried fruits. The eggs Benedict were done to perfection and along with a few cups of coffee and glass of champagne (well why not, we were on honeymoon!!!) I was set up for the day ahead. Our evening meals were again lovely and we couldn't fault a single thing. (Each evening there was different theme, some nights a buffet, a seafood theme, a maurtian theme but you were still able to order from the a la carte menu if you wished). We visited the teppanyaki grill at the Cilantro a couple of times, that is something that has to be experienced, Kelly the chef is amazing to watch and yet again we couldn't fault a single thing.
Obviously the main reason of our stay at The Maradiva was to get married. Once again everything was taken care of, Oranne was amazing and helped us with every single detail and she couldn't have done more to make our day special. We didn't have to do anything Oranne organised and planned everything including all my appointments and accompanied me each time I went to The Sands for hair trials etc and on the wedding day for my hair, make up and dressing. I was lucky enough to travel back to The Maradiva in the Rolls Royce.
Our wedding day was the most relaxed happy and stress free day and it was all thanks to each and every member of staff of The Maradiva. I could go on forever but I think people will get bored reading this!!!
A really big thank you goes to Oranne for organising everything and to Melanie also for both being our witnesses.
Paul (hotel manager) you are a credit to the hotel and you must be very proud of all your staff.
We will definitely return to The Maradiva maybe for our 5th wedding anniversary so please keep villa 315 free in September 2020.
Helen and Dale

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank d-hwibly
MaradivaVillasResort, General Manager at Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2015

Dear d-hwibly,

Firstly, might I take this opportunity to express to you my most sincere gratitude for having chosen “Maradiva Villas Resort & Spa”, as the venue for the most important day of your life, being your Wedding Day pursuant to which, we are honoured that you equally chose to spend your honeymoon with us.

It was particularly gratifying to learn, that you found your entire experience at “Maradiva” to be to your total satisfaction, which is greatly appreciated, especially, as it has always been our most earnest endeavor to achieve optimal guest satisfaction through personalize care and attention to detail.

Furthermore, I was delighted to read, that you thoroughly enjoyed your Villa, including the outdoor terrace with its own private plunge pool, which is wonderful news.

Additionally, I am most thankful to you for having shared with us your particular contentment in respect of your various culinary experiences in our different Restaurants with as specific highlights, the Mauritian specialties, that you had for breakfast, as well as the eggs Benedict, that you found entirely to your expectation not to mention your discovery of the Japanese delight prepared by Chef Kelly at our “Teppanyaki” Restaurant.

On a different note, I am most appreciative to you for your kind recognition of our team members, with a particular mention of Oranne, our Front Office Manager. Please be assured, that your contribution in this regard will truly inspire us to strive to achieve greater heights of excellence in our services.

Once again, on behalf of the entire team at “Maradiva”, I truly look forward to both the pleasure & the privilege of welcoming you back amidst us in 2020.

Remaining always at your service!

Best personal regards,

Paul van Frank

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Came here for my honeymoon for a week and had booked the luxury villa. The villa itself is nice and big with a private pool, outdoor seating, a bedroom and an even bigger bathroom with a walk-in cabinet. There was even an outdoor shower. There is a good amount of privacy in and around the villas. The housekeeping staff are also aware about your presence in the villa and most of the days the room cleaning and the evening turn down took place when we were out, ensuring least intrusion.

For breakfast, a nice spread was provided, coupled with ordering at our tables to get the food freshly prepared. I loved the jams so much that I had to bring back some with me. The restaurant (Coast2Coast) is set up close to the beach, we always made it a point to sit as close as possible to have uninterrupted view of the ocean. Since we were on a half-board package (highly recommended), the dinner was also at the same restaurant. For dinner, there is an option of either ordering from the standard menu or from the daily changing theme menu.

The resort provides a number of free services like a good number of water activities (snorkeling, glass boat, kayaking, windsurfing, etc.), certain services in the spa and even renting bicycles from the gym. The free water activities ensured that we don't leave the resort. There are other paid activities that are offered which do not cost much different from outside tour operators, so that came to us as great news. Although the price for the resort might seem high, but considering the food package and the free activities that are offered, I found the resort to be a good value.

But the best part of the resort was the exceptional service and the hospitality. We were always greeted by name which gave our stay that personalised feeling. The servers in the restaurant were always smiling and never missed an opportunity to assist us. A special thank you to Akeel, Kevish, Dinesh, Yann and Vishal at the restaurant for serving us. Another thanks goes out to Desire (at the concierge) for helping us plan our stay with the right activities and excursions. I'll definitely be returning to the resort and would highly recommend for anyone planning to go to Mauritius.

Room Tip: Luxury villas provide most privacy.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yash G
Reviewed 21 September 2015

We had lunch at The Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa. The resort and grounds are stunning and beautifully maintained. We (4 adults) were the only people in the restaurant, where we enjoyed excellent service and food, but all was revealed when we were shown around the magnificent villas and their private pools, where patrons prefer to have their meals in the privacy and luxury of their own surroundings.

Stayed: September 2015
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

On arrival we were greeted at reception with a welcome drink. This was lovely after such a long flight. The reception staff explained everything and escorted us to our villa. The cases were brought to our villa for us.
The villas are spacious and we'll set out. They are cleaned daily and checks are made throughout the day to check you have enough clean towels and water. In the evening the beds are turned down for you and glasses and more water is provided.
Towels are provided for the villa pool, also on the beach and by the main pool. Long with the spa.
In villa dining is provided for when you want some quiet time. Although the restaurant is never noisy and the tables are not close together.
The food is extremely good and the portions are excellent in size, I struggled to finish. Each meal is ended with complementary biscuits/chocolates.
On the complex there are a few restaurants. The coast to Coast serves daily and has a varied selection. There is an Indian and a Japanese, these 2 need to be booked in advance.
The gym is well set out and has a wide range of machines and cardio equipment. There's also a tennis court and table tennis.
Bicycles are available to hire for free and we found this the nicest way of getting about, flic en flac is about 10 mins away at a leisurely pace. It's all flat too !!!
The spa is beautiful, we enjoyed a lovely massage and petal bath. I didn't want it to end.

I would highly recommend this pls e to anyone who wants peace and tranquility. The staff can't do enough for you.
I will definitely be returning in future.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tinklebell182
Reviewed 20 September 2015

It has been 7 years since my hubby and I went to Mauritius for our 25th wedding anniversary, to the Taj as it was then. We loved it so much we returned. It did not disappoint. In fact we both feel it has been an even better experience, mainly due to the high levels of service and wonderful staff we have met. We were treated royally.
The highlights for us were:
Teppan Chef Kelly, superb cooking plus a theatrical show, we love her!!!
Ritchie (In Villa Dining) organised some fantastic dining experiences for us, going above and beyond…
The villas are unique in the space and privacy they afford guests
Delightful team of staff, from housekeeping to the gym, from reception to gardening, from waiting staff to the guards who patrol the beach..

Things we think could improve;
Internet coverage is patchy, reliable high speed internet is a given in international hotels these days
Some of the fixtures and fittings in the villas are looking tired, investment needed here
To maintain the unique privacy of the villas guests should be encouraged to exit through the doors and not the gardens
If there is an evening dress code, it should be adhered to by all- no exceptions

If you are after a relaxing holiday with staff who make you feel like nothing is too much trouble this is the place for you.

Room Tip: The garden rooms have the most privacy, don't be afraid to ask for sun loungers if your daybed does not catch the sun all day!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple