Beautiful hotel, beautiful location.
We were met on arrival by the customer services manager Rajoo who informed us we had been upgraded to a junior suite (benefits of being a Gold card member) which was really nice after a long flight, but then he got really annoying by making out that he had personally given us all the benefits rather than them being the standard Hilton gold member perks!
The hotel is beautiful and very well kept. Superb buildings and gardens.
The beach is a little small but still very nice, I just wish the hotel could stop the guests from putting towels on the loungers early morning to claim the sun loungers. We watched dozens of loungers unoccupied for hours at a time but with towels laid out on them so no one else could use them! Lots of free amenities at the beach as well which was great.
The room was immaculate and was maintained that way every day by a lovely lady named Sabita, thank you Sabita for all of your hard work, your dedication to your work and Hilton as a brand was highly commendable.
Restaurants – “La pomme d' amour” is a buffet style with plenty variation not always my cup of tea but plenty of it. The only thing I would say is the quality could do with some improvement, perhaps less amount of dishes may improve the quality?
A minor bad point in “La pomme d' amour” has to be the waiting staff, both servers and greeters. They could really do with some polishing of their skills, especially their moods! Having spent time in other hotels on Mauritius there is something missing about the waiting staff here, I can’t put my finger on it but they do not have that “5 star” approach!! ! Having said that they do work hard and work long hours and of course they were not all bad!! Stars of the” La pomme d' amour” have to be Smithin and Maria, always smiling always courteous and always took the time to chat to the clientele.
We ate at the "Ginger Thai" restaurant a couple of evenings, extra tariff but well worth it, chef Khun Shulinta did a wonderful job, our evening was only slightly marred by a really miserable waitress ( I won’t name her) who I continually asked to smile and even that did not work! She improved a little on our second visit but for such an important restaurant you need a more cheerful waitress! Rest of the serving staff were great.
Cocktail evenings for Card holders was a great touch. We got a chance to meet the team and express our views as well as just have a really pleasant hour discussing Mauritius. We met the Executive chef Rocco and the General Manager Dominic, both really down to earth approachable people and a real pleasure to spend time with. Gina from sales was extremely nice and helpful, even offered to have the gardeners trim the trees outside our room as they were blocking our sea view!
Special thanks to Xavier the waiter who never left me with an empty glass for more than a couple of seconds!
We found nearly all of the staff extremely pleasant (other than the minor problem previously mentioned). The Customer service girls (we only found out one name Thia) were unbelievably helpful as were the room service guys, housekeeping… actually all the departments were great unfortunately too many names to remember.
The location is also superb. Local bus service is right outside the gate and will take you into Flic en flac for 13 rupees or the Cascavelle shopping centre for 22 rupees. I mention the prices because unfortunately on one of the buses we had a dodgy conductor who tried to rip us off for 120 rupees by trying the language barrier but as my wife is French he failed miserably. Taxi drivers will also try and rip you off but if you barter with them you can do ok. Hotel has a guide on what prices you should be paying.
All in all a truly classy hotel with very minor problems. The beauty about this hotel is the people listen to the problems and try to do something about it straight away.
We had a superb 14 days and look forward to returning in a couple of years
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This five-star resort enjoys an exceptionally sunny position, located on the western coast. It stands on one of the island's most famous beaches, Flic en Flac. The warm and refined atmosphere of the Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa, characterised by a unique purity of line, has been built using a palette of forms and colours to evoke a contemporary Asian and Mauritian design in perfect harmony with its lush setting. This delicate atmosphere can also be found in the 193 rooms and suites laid out in series of low buildings, all of them facing out to the sea and the setting sun. The choice of restaurants includes La Pomme d'Amour with its range of local and international fare, Ginger Thai featuring authentic Thai cuisine. Hotel guests can as well enjoy lunch at Les Coquillages, the beach restaurant.Relax and unwind at The Spa Mauritius, inspired from the 4 sensorial elements - fire, water, air and earth. Guests can choose from a wide range of treatments to restore their natural equilibrium. Apart from the water sports and activities available at the hotel, guests have access to a 9-hole putting green, three tennis courts and a Kids Club, for children aged from 4 to 12, and run by a team of fully qualified professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Mauritius Resort And Spa
- Hilton Mauritius Hotel Flic En Flac
- Hilton International Wolmar
- Hilton Wolmar
- Wolmar Hilton
- Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa Flic En Flac