We are a thirty-something couple and we stayed half board at the Hilton for three nights in May (end of summer/beginning of southern winter). We only have three negative things to say:
1. the price of the drinks (expensive), massages (very expensive) & wifi (about 60€ for 24 hours);
2. the position of the spa right next to the building containing the generators - a very noisy place to "relax";
3. The omnipresent flies (at breakfast, in the spa garden, around the pool). I'm not sure if the same flies were following us around, or if each area had its own population).
Despite these problems, we were really not disappointed with the hotel. Here's why:
-The staff were fantastic. Always there when you needed them, friendly, smiling, chatty but professional.
-The food. The main restaurant offers a buffet and every night has a different theme (e.g. Italian, Oriental, gastronomic, Indian.) If you don't fancy the buffet, there are two other restaurants to choose from (a pricey gastronomic restaurant and a Thai). Breakfast is served from 7-11 is excellent too.
-The beach and gardens. Great little beach, soft white sand, beautiful lagoon. No seaweed. The gardens are amazingly well kept and lovely to walk around in.
-The evening entertainment. Great singers and bands. Good shows.
-Activities. Sailing, kayaking, mini golf, tennis, dolphin cruises, pedalos, etc., which are of course all included.
-The room. Very comfy king-size bed, big TV, quiet air-con, ceiling fan, clean & modern bathroom. Some nice touches on arrival (I won't spoil the surprise).
The Hilton is, I suppose, a guarantee that you'll get a good level of service and quality. It's not cheap, but it's worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This five-star resort enjoys an exceptionally sunny position, located on the western coast. It stands on one of the island's most famous beaches, Flic en Flac. The warm and refined atmosphere of the Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa, characterised by a unique purity of line, has been built using a palette of forms and colours to evoke a contemporary Asian and Mauritian design in perfect harmony with its lush setting. This delicate atmosphere can also be found in the 193 rooms and suites laid out in series of low buildings, all of them facing out to the sea and the setting sun. The choice of restaurants includes La Pomme d'Amour with its range of local and international fare, Ginger Thai featuring authentic Thai cuisine. Hotel guests can as well enjoy lunch at Les Coquillages, the beach restaurant.Relax and unwind at The Spa Mauritius, inspired from the 4 sensorial elements - fire, water, air and earth. Guests can choose from a wide range of treatments to restore their natural equilibrium. Apart from the water sports and activities available at the hotel, guests have access to a 9-hole putting green, three tennis courts and a Kids Club, for children aged from 4 to 12, and run by a team of fully qualified professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Mauritius Resort And Spa
- Hilton Mauritius Hotel Flic En Flac
- Hilton International Wolmar
- Hilton Wolmar
- Wolmar Hilton
- Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa Flic En Flac