“It's coming soon”

Ranked #7 of 81 Restaurants in Flic En Flac
Description: La Marmite Mauricienne restaurant in Mauritius offers its customers good food as well as the taste of the Mauritian Cusine. This restaurant prides itself on its menu being fresh & authenic.
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Well,

this place seemed like a good place when we were passing it by a few times but after giving it a try, not so much.

The food: out of four dishes I could rate one as quite good, maybe very good (fish vinday), one was a mistake on my part (I had no idea black beans were mushrooms, I don't eat them), salad came with onions (we ordered strictly without onions and sent it back, got the same salad back sans onions) but the burger, ordered after the mistake, was really subpar.

But there's this other thing - the waiting. The first batch took quite some time as the place was full but the burger took them whole 50 minutes. If it was amazing I'd keep quiet but well, it wasn't. Far from it.

So there.

1  Thank Klemen K

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We had a good dinner, food was a bit cold but tasty. The 'curry ourite' is a must. The staff is very friendly.

1  Thank nathalie m
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The food was just average in my view quite small portion well specially if you go for fish dishes even if the place wasn’t that full the service was very slow, very limited wine choice only to options on white and both Chardonnay

1  Thank ProfessorSassaroli
Macadamia I, Guest Relations Manager at La Marmite Mauricienne, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Greeting from La Marmite Mauricienne.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience.That was truly not our attention.We really appreciate your feedback and hope you do give us a chance to make it right.

Our main goal is providing excellent customer service from the time you step in the restaurant but unfortunately, you were not treated with the respect you deserve.

Mob: +230-52550375
Email: macadamia.ice.ltd@gmail.com

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is good value but not great Chinese the soups were good but the rest of the food we had was average

1  Thank Bigal36

Greeting from La Marmite Mauricienne!

Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival.

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. First and foremost ,I would like to apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you.

Given the opportunity, I would like to learn more details about your case so that we can improve certain aspects in the restaurant for our future clients.My contact number below.

Mob: +230-52550375
Email: macadamia.ice.ltd@gmail.com

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Celebrated my 70th birthday with my family. Yidish was very helpful when my son booked a table for 12 guests from U.K. On arrival at the restaurant we were warmly greeted and the restaurant has been decorated with balloons. Staff very helpful from beginning to end. Food delicious and inexpensive. No corkage was charged for the bottle of Labourdonnais rum (of course the best). Restaurant clean and located on the main road. Can definitely recommend this restaurant and will definitely revisit next time I visit the island. Thank you all for a great time and may you continue to do well in the future.

1  Thank jacquelineelysee

Greeting from La Marmite Mauricienne!!!

It has been a real pleasure to welcome you!.We are so happy that you enjoyed your dining experience.

Thanks for having taken your time to give your feeling & impression to our little Restaurant.

Thanks again!!! :-) for this wonderful review that touched my heart.Your words gave us a boost to maintain our good work & also gave us a thought on customer service excellence.

Hope to see you again on your next vacation.

Warm Regards,