“Good option”

Ranked #7 of 81 Restaurants in Flic En Flac
Description: La Marmite Mauricienne restaurant in Mauritius offers its customers good food as well as the taste of the Mauritian Cusine. This restaurant prides itself on its menu being fresh & authenic.
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here.

It's one of several restaurants on the seafront and a good choice. There's a variety of cuisines but Chinese is predominant and we had good sizzling beef and sweet and sour chicken.

Service fine, nice ambience.

Macadamia I, Guest Relations Manager at La Marmite Mauricienne, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Greeting from La Marmite Mauricienne!!!

It has been a real pleasure to welcome you!.We are so happy that you enjoyed your dining experience.

Thanks for having taken your time to give your feeling & impression to our little Restaurant.

Thanks again!!! :-) for this wonderful review that touched my heart.Your words gave us a boost to maintain our good work & also gave us a thought on customer service excellence.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

We went to the venue for dinner and it was really busy as the restaurant is so popular. Staff were really friendly and the food was tasty, will definitely return!

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Food was lovely, staff very friendly, will go back again.
Prices very reasonable, can recommend the prawn curry, chicken cashew nut and lamb shoulder with mushroom cream sauce ... all was delish.

Macadamia I, Guest Relations Manager at La Marmite Mauricienne, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Ate here on the recommendation of my tour guide or else I probably would've walked by! A "marmite" is a traditional Mauritian cooking pot btw...

The menu is pretty large with a range of Curries, noodles, full plates and a dish called "vindaye." Prices for entrees begin at around 135 rupees for croquettes and mains start at around 200 rupees for noodles up to about 400-450 for a vindaye (house speciality) or full plate.

Service was friendly and helpful with good advice given on what to choose. I then immediately changed my mind and this was also no problem. I finally settled on the fish "vindaye" which is one of the house specialities, and delicious.

Good restaurant for some good food in a warm environment.

1  Thank la_viajera_constanta
Macadamia I, Guest Relations Manager at La Marmite Mauricienne, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Reviewed 26 October 2017

The first restaurant we visited after landing in Mauritius. I loved the person more than the food, his hospitality, helping nature, amazing.
Than comes, food. My daughter who is six liked the food so much she always insist us to go there.

Value for money.

Greeting from La Marmite Mauricienne Naseersamer.