30 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$174
Priceline$174
travelup.com$198
6,494 results
All reviews deer hunter blue penny la kaze villa master golf courses are links course citronelle restaurant legend golf great golf prestige room play golf indian chef half board special thanks prince maurice water skiing beach front
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 January 2022

Good stuff - Spa was very nice and relaxing. I loved that there were soooo many restaurants on site which made it exciting to choose where to eat and drink daily.
The Italian restaurant was amazing they made a special meal for me as I am vegetarian and special thanks to " Binda" Who was our waitress. She was so lovely and happy and just added value to the evening. Indigo restaurant was also really nice on the beach good breeze, a nice menu, and good service.

Less lovely things- The rooms are old and bathrooms tiny. I had to upgrade my room to the Executive suite it was nice and more modern than the junior suite and standard rooms. Blue wine cellar - This is a French restaurant and wine cellar It did not live up to the hype. The food was not good and very pricey.

Room tip: Executive Suite or any room types on that side of the hotel as I believe that side of the hotel is newer.
1  Thank tahlillahm
Constance Belle Mare Plage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2022

Dear tahlillahm,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted to read your candid feedback about your stay at our resort. It is definitely a pleasure to hear that our staff made you feel at home, especially Binda whom you remember was very attentive. This is really one of the things that we try to maintain in our hotel and I thank you for recognizing her effort. I am sorry that we were not convincing enough in presenting to you the others aspects of the Blue Penny Cellar. However, I am glad that the executive suites were much more to your taste. Thank you so much for your appreciation and feedback. I sincerely look forward to welcoming you again soon.
With best regards

Reviewed 23 January 2022

Due to the closure of flights between Mauritius in South Africa we registered for a repatriation flight and arrived in Mauritius on 5 December, a month earlier than expected. We booked our mandatory 7-day quarantine at Constance Belle Mare Plage and were extremely fortunate to be upgraded to a villa.

We wish to thank Constance Belle Mare Plage staff for the wonderful way they looked after us during our quarantine stay. We thank everyone who was involved in making our stay so comfortable and we are grateful for all the work done by the staff behind-the-scenes.

Our experience has turned me into a customer for life.

P.S. Two weeks after our quarantine stay, we returned for a 2-day visit over Christmas and Boxing days. This allowed us to explore the whole hotel, the beach, the restaurants and all other aspects we had missed out.

Date of stay: December 2021

Dear RowanD50,

It is indeed amazing to read your review. Thank you so much for sharing your memories of your holidays, even when you were in quarantine. We put customer experience as our priority and your satisfaction reaffirms the hard work the team puts in every day especially during this challenging time. I will not miss to tell them the impact they had on your well-being and your future decision. Thank you so much for sharing this emotion. Constance Belle Mare Plage is your home, and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 22 January 2022

This review is very overdue but also very well deserved! We stayed at the Constance Belle Mare Plage in Mauritius in October 2021 and after being in lockdown for nearly two years, it was like taking a trip to paradise. So much so, that after our initial stay of 8 nights, we decided to extend our trip for an extra few days!

The resort itself is absolutely beautiful and has a modern luxury feel to it. The view of the beach and bright blue sea is breath-taking and was a delight to wake up to each morning. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a Junior beachfront suite and the room was lovely & comfortable with a spacious bathroom. There are plenty of activities to take part in which can be booked via the hotel. Vincent was very helpful in this department & advised us to try the parasailing and underwater walk experience which I would recommend to anyone as they were both amazing!

The restaurants were all within good walking distance to the rooms and the beach & it was nice to have a few options of different cuisine to choose from each day. That being said, we always found ourselves venturing back to the main hotel buffet as you just cannot beat the variety of dishes and also the warm welcomes from the staff at La Citronelle restaurant. From first thing in the morning at breakfast to evening or late dinners, we were always welcomed with smiles & friendly faces who treated us as family for the duration of our stay.

For both my husband and I, this is what really made our stay unforgettable, the people of Constance Belle Mare Plage. The staff at this hotel are always on hand to happily fulfil all of your needs, be they big or small. One man in particular who we will not forget so easily is Raj. When I was taking part in an Indian fast during our stay, Raj not only organised for a special breakfast to be sent to our room at the early hours of the morning but also researched how to make the perfect almond (badam) milk, so that I wouldn't miss my home comforts whilst being on the other end of the globe! Him, along with people such as Vishnu, Nisha & many others are the backbone of such large resorts as these.

This was our first trip to Mauritius & I am certain it will not be our last. We would not need any persuasion to return to this perfect resort again and again.

Thank you so much Constance Belle Mare Plage for the unforgettable memories & a truly amazing holiday!

Mr & Mrs Sharma

Date of stay: October 2021
Constance Belle Mare Plage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2022

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Sharma,

Warm greetings from Constance Belle Mare Plage

I'd want to convey my gratitude for staying at our resort and for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I can't thank you enough for praising the hotel's facilities and services, but notably the team's attentiveness, particularly those whose names you have mentioned. I'll make sure to inform them how much they helped make your holiday experience a success. We prioritize the client experience, and your happiness validates the team's dedication every day, especially during this difficult period.

Thank you so much for your kind words, and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort.

With profound gratitude

General Manager Gert Puchtler

Reviewed 21 January 2022

If you are looking for a luxury all inclusive holiday choose Constance Belle Mare Plage!
We had the most INCREDIBLE 8 day stay in January.
We were celebrating a 30th birthday and were upgraded to a Suite with ocean view which was beautiful. The entire hotel is stunning - decor and architecture with so many different areas to explore.

The service all around was excellent.

Sepcial thank you to the following members of staff who went above and beyond throughout our stay:

Kailash - for coordinating our holiday organising surprises such as a Brithday cake delivered to the room, dinner recommendations and shuttles arranged, late check out and many more! We loved seeing him every day picking us up in his golf cart - he was always so friendly and helpful.

Rakesh - for looking after us at the beach - always a friendly face and we loved chatting with him and finding out more about Mauritius - Rakesh works incredibly hard to make sure every customer is as comfortable as possible and has exactly what they need.

Ritesh - wine sommelier La Citronnelle - for his fantastic recommendations and looking after us so well the evenings we visited this restaurant.

Anil & Mutty - housekeeping - both going the extra mile to make our stay special. Special shout out to Anil for making our room so beautiful every day!

Joel and Michael - diving centre - best dive masters we have ever had the pleasure of meeting/diving with.

All the wonderful ladies in the spa! (sadly we can't remember their names but every single one of them were wonderful during booking and treatments)

The list goes on - Adasha (dinner reservations/restaurant hostess), Ravi (shuttle to Prince Maurice), Vela (La Spiaggia), Hansley (wine cellar),...

Every member of staff at Constance Belle Mare Plage made us feel welcome, looked after and special. Highly professional and friendly.

Range of different foods and drinks available at a number of restaurants meaning you are never left hungry or thirsty and there is something for everyone.

Plenty of activities on offer - Water ski, snorkelling and glass bottom boat all included. Kayak and pedalo also available to take out free of charge.

Live music and DJ in the evening.

Shuttle available to Prince Maurice (sister hotel) - we visited the floating Restaurant which we can't recommend enough for an evening! (credit for all inclusive available)

Covid-19 measures in place made us feel very safe including arrival and day 5 lateral test free of charge, temperature checks before breakfast and dinner, hand sanitizer available everywhere and masks worn by staff and guests.

Caters for every audience - families, couple, golf groups etc.

Choose this hotel - we cannot recommend it enough!

Room tip: Suite with ocean view
Date of stay: January 2022
Constance Belle Mare Plage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2022

Dear NellyGJ96

Warm greetings from Constance Belle Mare Plage

The team and I would like to express our gratitude to you for choosing our resort for your holidays and also for having taken the time to share your memories. I am delighted to read that you have had an incredible experience and that all our facilities and services were to your holiday convenience. Thank you for your warm appreciation of the service provided by the team members whose effort you have recognized. I will not miss to congratulate them for having taken so much care of you. I can't thank you enough for your high recommendation. I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon for further enjoyment.

I wish you good health and a great year ahead

Best regards

Reviewed 19 January 2022

My first visit to Mauritius and it couldn't have been better! The Belle Mare Plage spoiled us completely and there is definitely nothing I could complain about. Despite its size, the hotel offers a pleasant private atmosphere, the staff is very competent and always super friendly. The food in the different restaurants is top class and the suites are really wonderful. The beach was always perfectly maintained and the guests spread out pleasantly. The 3 championship golf courses belonging to the Belle Mare Plage are great for beginners as well as advanced players and offer great flights in a breathtaking landscape. We are already looking forward to our next vacation at Belle Mare Plage. We will be back definitely!

Room tip: The suites and prestige rooms are just perfect. We had 904 and for us it was just 20 steps from our bed to get the toes into the sea!!

Dear ChristianB7477,

Warm greetings from Constance Belle Mare Plage
I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to you for this excellent review and for taking the time to share your beautiful memories of your holidays. The team and I, are thrilled your time with us was amazing! We endeavor to go above and beyond to ensure our guests have a memorable experience. Thank you for your appreciation of the facilities, activities, food, beach and golf. My gratitude to you also for recognizing the effort of the team members. Thank you so much. I, definitely, look forward to welcoming you again soon for another fantastic experience.

I wish you good health.