We recently stayed at Long Beach, Belle Mare for 8 nights. This was our 2nd trip to Mauritius and was for our 10th wedding anniversary (having been there for our honeymoon).
What can we say and where do we start...? In a few brief words - simply the best ever holiday and the most amazing place we have stayed.
Before booking the holiday, we considered a number of hotels and frankly we hadn’t heard of Long Beach. Mauritius as a holiday destination isn't cheap and we wanted something within our budget... everything we wanted was out of reach! So, our travel agent suggested Long Beach. We took a look at the website and read a few reviews, and hoped for the best!
And the best is what we got! Without any regret, Long Beach ticked every box!
The Long Beach Family. They truly made us feel at home. The management team, restaurant staff, bar staff, room maids, everyone and we mean literally everyone were very hospitable. There are so many individual names to mention, but we mentioned them to management on departure.
Food. A great selection of restaurants and menus. We were never bored the choices and menus and something different each day. The chefs also catered to our needs, especially for our 3 year old. The half board option was good for us. An excellent buffet breakfast combined with a great fine dining experience each night.
Drinks. A good selection of cocktails and local Mauritius rums. Admittedly the drinks are a little expensive, but didn’t bother us too much as we aren’t heavy alcoholic drinkers.
Leisure Amenities. Lots of choices and mostly included free with your package. We didn’t get a chance to try much since our son wanted to be poolside every day and all day! The pool was very well maintained.
The Spa. If you can, treat yourself! The spa is very attractive, welcoming and warm.
The Room. Wow!!! We were fortunate to have our room upgraded to the superior sea front... Very clean, modern and well maintained during our stay. We felt the website pictures don’t give the rooms enough justice... they were much nicer than the pictures!
The review can go on further but we need to stop. This is a fantastic 5 star resort and one day we will love to return here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare