“Dream location and experience”

Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vabbinfaru
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Ahhh where to start...everything is impeccable from the moment you arrive. Service, rooms, food, location and entertainment. Walk around the entire island in 7 minutes across it in 3. Totally amazing staff.

Room Tip: There is no pool! Lol. Dont waste your time visiting main island - visit the other local resort isla...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Claude C

Reviewed 18 May 2012

We have just returned from our 6th visit to Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru and have not been disappointed once again...in fact we were so confident that we would have another amazing holiday there this year that we had already booked our trip back there for next year before we left this year! Its absolute heaven, all the staff are fantastic, they can't do enough for you, the food is amazing, service all round in every sector is amazing. The island is lovely and small, you can walk around in a few minutes and it is extremely beautiful and what is really nice is that there are only around 40 villas so you don't feel like you are in a commercial resort...plus it is only 20 mins speedboat transfer from the airport and the transfer is so well organised, no hanging around at the airport. I can't recommend the spa highly enough either, the massages are out of this world. The house reef is amazing to snorkel around or you can take the boat to Angsana (sister island right opposite) and snorkel there which also has an amazing reef. You can also go on a free snorkel safari every morning. We were lucky enough to take a trip and swim with Manta Rays last year, though I think that they are only around at certain times of the year. What is super about Banyan Tree, and Vabbinfaru, is that they are an ecologically focused company and the island rears turtles which is great to see. We have stayed at other resorts in the Maldives but none have come close to Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru...if you book take lots of tissues because when you leave you will not want to...Yes it sounds pathetic but I cry every year when we are leaving as I feel I am leaving good friends behind...its a truly special place.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CatherineMacmillan
A TripAdvisor Member
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This trip exceeded our expectations, the island is beautiful, and the sea and coral reef are spectacular. We snorkelled every day and saw sharks, turtles, stingrays, along with countless other coloured fish. The staff were great, friendly and helpful but also just reserved enough. The emphasis on the ecology and sustainability was the icing on the cake. Food good too. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Towards the end of our 10 day holiday on Vabbinfaru my wife accidently injured her feet. The compassionate response from the staff was fantastic. In no time they had arranged a boat to transfer her to the hospital at Mali. We were accompanied by Ali Nasheed, the Assistant Front Desk Manager who ensured that she immediately received treatment in the ER. He stayed with her right through the X-rays and treatment in the theatre and also arranged her medication. He was exceptional. When we returned to the island at 02h00 we were met by Management and other members of his staff. The following morning every staff member that we met made sincere enquiries about my wife's health. We felt like members of a big family.
Vabbinfaru is an abolute gem with beautiful unspoilt beaches, great snorkelling and super accommodation that is shortly going to be upgraded. The food was exceptional, lots of variety and beautifully presented.
All the staff, from Management right down to the chaps who maintain the beaches are extremely courtious and friendly and they will always go that extra mile to give the guests the best service.
You are guaranteed of a restful holiday and will return home from "Paradise" with many happy memories.

Room Tip: We were fortunate to be on the "sunset" side. It is very quiet. The "sunrise" si...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dave F
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I'm from Beijiing, China.
We had wonderful holiday in Vabbinfaru,
Banya Tree! People in there are friendly, the scenery is amazing, everything was great! We chose Vabbinfaru by its well known snorkling area and its undestroyed reefs! We spent 4nights/6days in there, our staying became more memorable after an event.
I carelessly lost my iphone4s on the way from my villa to the spa, I couldn't remember where exactly I lost when I noticed! But luckily, when i call to the reception, i was told me that my phone was picked up by a "Hassan" who was working at the public area at that time! I tried to find him and finally meet him in person! The phone is very important to me by the information and the numbers I saved, those are unrecoverable! I was so amazed by his action and I have a great sense that Banya tree is of great achievement on the management and operation, especially the workers' trainings! I would like to do this advertisement for free! Thanks to Banya Tree again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
3  Thank Maggie L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vabbinfaru
14.8 km away
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
8.7 km away
Bandos Maldives
Bandos Maldives
#1 of 2 in Bandos

Been to Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK