Tanjung Jara is well laid out. It has the best of everything but what stood out was the bicycle tour that we took. The guide was knowledgeable and accomodating. He knew our love for local treats and went out of his way to help us find them.
As a repeat visitor, this 2N3D offered me just enough to think I could stay here forever. Pristine waters, clean beaches and a pool that looks out to the ocean does it for me. The pool (big enough to accomodate guests even during peak seasons) is great.
Tanjung Jara rooms are an amazing treat, we stayed at the Bumbung room that overlooked the ocean. Malay-inspired gave it a homey feel whilst the bathroom (which came with bath salts) were a real treat! You feel like this is what you'd like your home to be like! I like the small touches (a welcome note and fruits) in the room.
Bits to improve: consistency of water temperature in shower, consistency of service/staff and Nelayan's menu (less of the exotic dishes, more of the comfort food).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by palm fringed, emerald seas, Tanjong Jara Resort is a sanctuary of luxury and well-being steeped in the unmistakable grace of age-old Malay traditions. Here, in the comfort of a room furnished in local timber and rich fabrics, guests are lulled by the sighs of waves and the warm tropical breeze. The award-winning architecture of this resort reflects the elegance and grandeur of 17th century Malay palaces, offering an authentic taste of the region’s spirit and an enduring embodiment of gentle Malay arts and hospitality. Seamlessly integrated with the resort is the Spa Village, dedicated to combining the therapeutic properties of natural local ingredients and the innate healing practices of the area, providing a special, restorative experience. Guests can choose to experience an eco-adventure river cruise, explore teeming coral reefs or browse in a night market. Whatever the activity, every breath is pure refreshment, a relaxation of the soul, a pure journey of revival. In Malay we call this Sucimurni, in Malaysia it is Tanjong Jara Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Tanjong Jara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjong Jara Hotel Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Resort Dungun, Terengganu