“Delicious but overpriced ”

Original Kayu Nasi Kandar
Ranked #1,223 of 1,740 Restaurants in Petaling Jaya
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Was sucked in by the extensive dishes display in the restaurant. Ordered the biryani with lamb shank curry and cost me RM47! It is delicious but overpriced. The portion is not very big either. Not sure if this is the market price...

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Not a bad place for a quick teh tarik and roti. The service is very average and ambience so so. The other dishes didn't really warrant any special mention.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

I am writing a review of Original Penang Kayu Nasi Kandar in SS 2/10 No 64, Not sure if this and Originsl Kayu Nasi Kandar is the same restaurant.
If your order Nasi Kandar you better watch out at the Original Penang Kayu Nasi Kandar. I attach below a receipt of my complaint: all in we ordered 5 dishes, My dish cost RM 14: I had a slice of honey chicken, cucumber and cut cabbages, topped up with pappadum. The young arrogant guy serving gave only a few pieces of cucumber and cabbage. I ask him to give more: he charged me for 4 portions! Then pappadum: 1 piece! Of the 5 other fuses my other family had, some had 2?pieces, some 1 piece. I therefore questioned him and made a fuss: he could only justify RM12. Then I waited while he served the others: another staff then tried to justify on paper (written): suddenly it showed RM 14!
The difference is only RM2. But the principle is the charge must be fair. Not less not more. My sister's dish has only FOUR small pieces of lady fingers! Our 6 dishes ranged from RM9 each to RM 23 , but I could not find the charges fair.
I hope the owner will look into this... he used to be at the cashier counter.., now he leaves it to the staff... especially the younger ones who are arrogant and lack service. My wife also complained to me that the roti canai was not too edible. Keep serving like this, the years of business will be ruined!!

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Ok lah.. its ur local teh tarik spot. not cheap if you gor nasi kandar and order fried seafood. etc. etc.. gets the tummy filled though

1  Thank SK9782
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Best Roti in KL & Selangor but the services is bad. Sorry to say that some of the waiters can not communicate neither Malay nor English. Furthermore, taking the wrong order and sometime need to remind the waiters about the food that we have order. I hope that my comment can improve their services.