“Very nice Golf Club”

Glenmarie Golf & Country Club
Reviewed 14 January 2017

For me it was easy to book a T-time from my hotel, so I went there by taxi and played a very decent round of golf. The course isn't too difficult from the water obstacles point of view, and rather broad, so I didn't lose any ball.
Caddy was rather good and helpful.
A course well designed and playable for middle level golfers.
Will come back with my wife together, who has much higher handicap...

Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

If you are visiting Kuala Lumpur, this is surely one of the better golfing stops.

It is located in a reasonably posh suburb just outside Kuala Lumpur, very close to its city airport. There are convenient road accesses via major highways from the city centre. The club house facilities for golfers are definitely up to mark for your executive business guests, and they would pass for a 5-star, while green fees are kept lower than the other premier clubs in Kuala Lumpur, notably TPC KL, Saujana, Palm Gardens or The Mines Resort. They have 2 sets of holes here too, the Valley Course and the Garden Course, so making reservation is not an issue.

The golf course is decent, but isn't exactly top notch. While the views are remarkably picturesque from golfers terrace, the maintenance team could certainly do better. Cow grass, which is typically associated which cheaper clubs in South East Asia, infiltrated its Bermuda Grass fairways and roughs. It is rainy in December here in Malaysia and it is soggy in many places especially around some of the greens. It just felt that the additional subterranean drains are sorely needed.

The Gardens Course played host to the recent Europe vs Asia, Eurasia Cup so you would imagine higher standards!
Halfway huts are worst. They seems a little detached from the rest of the clubs, where cleanliness and the property definitely need an upgrade.

At the golfers terrace, the kitchen staff dished out great food, but the waiter and waitresses are less attentive and slow in taking orders.

All in all, this is still a great spot for a quick golfing stop given the location, prices, the club house and a pleasant resort golf course.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

Both courses in decent shape. carts can go anywhere on the Valley course, cart path only on the Garden course. Garden course prettier. Great caddies, driving range not included, cash only for rentals and they were not new clubs.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

On Tuesday Dec 15. I played a round on the Garden Course.
This experience was quite frustrating.

1. I asked several times for confirmation of a time-time between 8.30 and 9.00 at the hotel. I did not get any.
2. I showed up at the golf club at 7.30 and got a tee-time at 8.45.
3. I got a buggy and told the caddie that I wanted to go to the driving range. However, he drove me to the first tee instead. I told him that it was 1 hour too early. It was very difficult to communicate with him, as he did not speak English. He showed me his watch at which the clock was 8.45. Alright, I teed off. Very stressed and frustrated. After 9 holes I ran out of balls and wanted to buy some more. At the recpection I find out that the clock was in fact 9.30, meaning that we did tee off one hour too early.
4. The pro-shop was closed – but after some waiting time I managed to buy some more balls.
5. The quality of the caddie was very poor. Several times he gave me very wrong yardage (30 % off from 150m) and he did’t seem to know the course at all. Also he did more bad than good on the greens.
6. The condition of the course was not satisfying. I lost several balls even though I hit the fairway or semi rough, simply because it was too wet.

I’m planning several stays at the Glenmarie resort, but given the above experience I am seriously reconsidering.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 November 2015

We played this as part of our Malaysia CIMB Classic golf trip. Being wet season we realized that local courses would be rough. This is good except for the greens which are fast but only because there's not much grass on them. For the cost its a good course and it makes you think the whole way around. Our caddie was fantastic. Its member's and staff don't cater for foreigners though which is fine but be exclusive then. We ended up downloading uber to get back to our hotel. A Porsche SUV nearly took me out whilst waiting in the reception area bag drop, I drive a X5 and i have better manners. Again,if you need foreign dollars which you do, be more open and accommodating to visitors.