First I had mixed feelings about this place. The lobby is nicely decorated and the bar on the rooftop is very homey. The building is big and it has many rooms and I wasn't sure if therefore the service would be quite as good. But to my positive surprise, all owners, their parents and their staff was very friendly, helpful and hospitable.
We stayed in a double (twin) room, which was very clean. The room itself very simple and minimalist. A downturn for me was that you couldn't really open the big heavy curtains during the day in order to get sunlight. During the night you glad you have them however. We stayed in room 203 (i think) and it was quick noisy from the busy street.
But overall, great place, good price-value and best location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Singgahsana Lodge is a concept guesthouse by travelers for travelers. Guests wake up each day knowing that they are in exotic Sarawak, Malaysian Borneo in rooms tastefully fitted out with local arts and crafts collected from the 30 or more ethnic tribes of Sarawak. Travel information abounds and the generous common areas are most conducive to sharing travel tales and information with others. Singgahsana has become the haven for travelers to Kuching and is highly recommended in all guide books. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Singgahsana Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Singgahsana Hotel Kuching
- Singgahsana Lodge Kuching, Sarawak