All reviews flower garden annah rais horse ranch windy road needed maintenance vegetarian restaurant jungle trekking one night stay air conditioning viewpoint kalimantan foothills spa chorus pax indonesia promotion
Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

I have been to kuching many times and have often looked at alternative places outside the city. Somehow this place never popped up before but boy, am I glad I saw it this time. Surrounded by cool air and magnificent jungle this is a little bit of paradise. A huge complex on top of a mountain, no need for air con. The room was large and spotless clean and great views down the mountain. I'm not a vegetarian but the food was fantastic, every dish during my 4 days here was delicious. The surrounding jungle was stunning and full of birds. Our guide helped us to find 45 nothing birds in.a.few days. If you are a birder this is the place to come. For foreign tourists looking for an escape from kuching this is the place. I will be back and I recommend it to everybody. What a great time I had in the fresh air.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SydneyGazza
Benard_Tiang_BHR, Manager at Borneo Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2016

Dear SydneyGazza,

Pleasant Greetings from Borneo Highlands Resort!

Thank you very much for your review on your recent stay at our Resort. We are glad that you have enjoyed your experience with us and greatly appreciate your positive feedback of us.

I look forward to welcome you back again to Borneo Highlands Resort and feel free to contact me directly at benard@borneohighlands.com.my for your next visit.

Benard Tiang
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 23 December 2015

First to get to know this resort, i am glad that Sarawak has one to be compared to Cameron Highlands or other resorts in Peninsulars. However, when the four of us try to get there, the roads are terrible and scary (we have reached Aman 6) with zero maintenance has been done which later we decided not to proceed with the trip although i had paid the Eagle Room in full. The staff that received my call are not friendly at all ( you can cancel the room but we cannot refund you) I will never ever thinking to go back and recommend it to others.
Guys... my advise, look how to reach the resorts first before making any payments. I have try to cancel the booking on the same day, it was on 19/12/15, however the website will charge one night rate of RM362.00 which later we carry on our trip and found out that the review that i found earlier are true. BTW, no internet line or telephone line while you are on the way up to reach the resort. I am glad we did not proceed our trip.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank r0wena11
Benard_Tiang_BHR, Manager at Borneo Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2015

Dear r0wena11,

Pleasant Greeting from Borneo Highlands Resort.

We appreciate the time taken to review and rate us as we believe that with our guests feedback, further improvements could be made to meet our guests expectation.

In regards to the Resort foothill road leading up to our clubhouse (main building), regular maintenance such as grass cutting, drain & road cleaning, etc are done monthly. Aside from that, we always advise our guests who are not confident to drive up to use our chargeable return foothill transfer.

It is also common policy to have cancellation fee of one night in the event of no-show or last minute cancellation (less than 48 hours) which is also applied during special offers on online travel portals. The website mentioned is an online travel portal that have standard cancellation policy as well.

In regards to the call friendliness, we have also put in place trainings to improve our front liners customer service to meet our guests expectations.

Despite the inconvenience you have experienced, we look forward to welcome you back once again to Borneo Highlands Resort.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

Not knowing what this place has to offer, it was a pleasant experience coming in with little to no expectations. Going up to the highlands or mountains isn't anything new to me, so the drive up was what was expected. The resort provides a shuttle service from the foothill as it can be somewhat dangerous to inexperienced drivers who wants to drive all the way up themselves. I would say take the shuttle, that way you can enjoy the view up without much worry.

The resort itself may not look like much in the beginning but upon arriving there and seeing it up close, it's cozy looking and the staff were very courteous and welcoming. Coming up to the resort on a company trip, we utilized the function room which is nice with the large windows to take advantage of the excellent sunlight.

The rooms was nice and clean. In fact, it looks very comfy and cozy I had to resist taking a nap once we arrived. From our room, we had a good view of the highlands and throughout the whole stay we left the curtains open to enjoy it. Now something to keep in mind, at the resort, there is no air conditioning at all. It's only logical because there is no need for any. The cool atmosphere allows the whole place to be at a decent temperature throughout and naturally in the evenings/nights, it does get cold.

The resort offers the basic gym & spa facilitities but one thing to take note though, the food here is vegetarian. For those compulsory meat eaters, it is suggested to bring your own meat as arrangements with the resort management allows for them to prepare for your own carnivorous meal requirements. They have bicycles for rent as well if anyone is feeling the need to wheel around.

The Kalimantan View point is the highlight of this resort and it's about 2km away. Hiking up is optional as they do offer shuttle service there but I would personally hike up there. The trail is not so bad and in all honesty, it's worth hiking up there. We had a planned trip on Sunday morning but a few of us decided to go up there on our own on the Saturday morning. Worth it!

Other activities here include golfing, the horse ranch, and horticulture gardens. Essentially, the whole place exudes nature and outdoors type activities. It simply is a place to chill, unwind and not have a care in the world. A place perfect for those needing to get away from the urban jungle and enjoy the true jungle with a hint of modernity.

One thing to take note, the water pressure is not always consistently and from observations the resort may have turned off the waterpumps at late night to about 6am. Past that, the water pressure is fine (I did not encounter this at all, only my other colleagues). All in all, it is a great place despite I, myself, having the flu and fever, have managed to notice the beauty of this place.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Nicuma

Dear Nicuma,

Pleasant Greetings from Borneo Highlands Resort.

Thank you for taking time to review and rate your recent stay with us. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay.

We value all feedback from our guests for improvements and we have discussed with the team in regards to the water pressure issue as mentioned.

We look forward to welcome you back once again to Borneo Highlands Resort.

Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

The location of the resort is perfect for nature lovers. Located on a hill top with beautiful vistas all round. The only problem is the owner seems to left the resort to rot. For RM449 a night I definitely did not expect to see a Broken toilet seat or bedroom full of bugs.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank JekYap
Benard_Tiang_BHR, Manager at Borneo Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2015

Dear JEK Y,

Pleasant Greetings from Borneo Highlands Resort!

Thank you for your feedback. We value all feedback as we want to meet our guests expectation and for us to improve further.

We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that such issue does not happen in the future and our team has been briefed to be more detailed. This is to ensure that our guests will enjoy the Borneo Highlands Resort experience.

We are glad that you have enjoyed our environment and we look forward to welcoming you back once again to Borneo Highlands Resort.

Reviewed 2 October 2015

Visited this place April 2014 and it was an amazing experience for me. Ideal for those who love natural beauty. Highly recommended for nature's lover and want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Very calm but when I go to Jacuzzi and sauna, both not function properly. If it is fully functional I will give full marks.

Stayed: November 2014
Benard_Tiang_BHR, Manager at Borneo Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2015

Dear sahasuhana,

Pleasant Greetings from Borneo Highlands Resort!

Thank you for your feedback and review of your experience. We are glad that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We apologise for the spa facilities malfunction and steps has been taken to rectify the problem areas.

We look forward to welcome you back once again to Borneo Highlands Resort.