All reviewskubah national parkloved the freedomlong houseboat ridestayed nightsoliviabungalowgarminaccommodationbakosarawakmozziesjunglewashinghomestaytreks
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is not a hotel or a resort. The place is great for what it is; pure and honest. For me this place was like a warm blanket, so homely. The owners are wonderful people. Thanks again for the birthday cake! Janet is a great host! Thanks Janet for the crocodile hunting! We planned 7 but stayed 11 nights. Dinner is simple, but healthy. Lunch is noodles or fried rice or so. Breakfast is the best for us European with homemade bread and all the things provided in the fridge like sausage,milk, eggs and cheese. With the provided car you can explore the area. Most activities are within 1 hour driving. Be aware that the Internet signal is very weak, mosquitoes are there but no malaria. Thanks, all of you at the Kebun!

Room Tip: In the longhouse you have most contact with other travellers. That can be very good or not at all. For us; we loved having talks around us.
Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Miekecamping
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We booked initially for 4 nights at "The Kebun" and ended up staying 10. This alone should be evidence enough that we loved this place. It is ideally situated for all the trips suggested in the booklet provided by Adrian. We would advice you read this well when you arrive as it proves to be extremely helpful. Adrian, his wife Olivia and all the staff are extremely helpful and if there is anything you need they will help you straight away. We suggested it might be a good idea to have more 3 pin plugs (was not that important) yet the next day they appeared out of nowhere. If you like nature, fantastic service, good food, enjoy a car for exploring and want to meet other travellers...this is the place to go. We are definitely going back to "The Kebun"
The gardeners are doing a great job too and the grounds including the fish ponds are in an immaculate condition and is really inviting for strolling around or try your hand at some fishing. There are many things provided complimentary which other places might charge for: Special Soaps, home made Rice wine, free post cards, fishing rods and a packed lunch if you go on a day trip. The cooking classes can be arranged and proved a real success. All in all:
Thanks to everybody at the Kebun for making this one of our nicest trips so far in S-E Asia.
Hope to see you guys in our home in Langkawi soon. PS.: Lime trees have survived

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank www2expatscom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Upon our arrival, we were so shocked to see the wonderful farm because it is even more beautiful than on the website. Me and my kids, stayed over Olivia's bungalow for 5 nights and the last night we stayed at Kebun Residences because we had an early flight the next day. This was so convenient for us because the the place is only around 10-15 minutes away from the airport.

In the Kebun, the staff there were so nice and friendly. Unexpectedly for a farm, it was maintained very well.This probably explains why there weren't a lot of mosquitoes around our area as well. We were recommended by Adrian to go for the mangrove cruise which me and my boys had so much fun doing! We were even lucky to see some dolphins and the beautiful fireflies at night. It was the peak of our whole experience especially for my boys. Some places I really recommend to visit is the Bako national park and the Semenggoh wildlife centre, it was such an amazing experience for me and my boys to see an orang utan up close in front of us. We also visited the Chinese temple that is very nearby Bako national park and had one of the best seafood I've tasted! And honestly, I was quite nervous navigating around Kuching for the first time but it was all good because the car was wired with a Garmin and also comfortable plus easy to drive with.

Now that we're back home, my boys could not stop talking about the amazing food and especially the goreng pisang that one of the staff, Lela, made for us everyday during the evening time. The boys really enjoyed the BBQ night that we had, they had a chance to BBQ their own chicken wings and it was all good fun.

Thank you so much Adrian, Lela and the other staffs for making our stay comfortable and memorable, we will definitely recommend you.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Yanti_Diandis
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I stayed in the headmans longhouse for 5 nights. We had a very memorable stay - the rooms are rustic and homely. Adrian and Jeanette was extremely helpful and the car was great to get us around, especially since the weather was not great.

The highlight of the stay was the New Year's Eve dinner .. They cooked us so much food, which all tasted amazing...crab, duck, prawns ..yummo!

Thanks for a sensational stay and your hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miss_Claire_Brisbane
Reviewed 8 December 2013

First, the property is amazing! Adrian is a master and a genius in his own right, and has created something wonderful in the process of realizing his dream.

My stay at The Kebun was merely to kill a few days before 10 days of photography work at Bako National Park. However, my three nights here proved to be highly enjoyable. I slept in the authentic-feeling long house (3m high walls divide the rooms--open ceiling between tops of walls and roof; water/sink and fan in each). The entire place has a great deal of character. It is very unusual and highly interesting! I felt comfortable right away.

There is wifi, but it works best in the kitchen. Don't expect high-speed in this part of the world, of course, but it gets the job done. Food was good, too. The property is relaxing, well-maintained, and quite beautiful. There is even plenty of wildlife around for those who take the time to look.

A great bonus is the vehicle that is included with one's stay. The vehicles are old, sure, but I found mine to be quite mechanically sound (and with air conditioning!). An included GPS and cell phone to contact The Kebun means that this would be a great home-base for people wishing to see all of what Sarawak has to offer, on their own terms, and for very little cost. The Kebun has also created and provided in each room a substantial information guide about absolutely everything one can see.

Adrian is a passionate individual. He's often quite busy, as anyone would have to be to keep everything organized, but if you need him, he'll be there. He's great for advice and local knowledge!

I hope to visit again one day. Thanks, Adrian!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo