“Good hotel for business trip”

Century Kuching Hotel
Ranked #46 of 55 Hotels in Kuching
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This hotel is just 5 to 10 minutes away from the airport. It is consider quite far from the city but free shuttle bus is available. They also provide free shuttle bus service to and from the airport. The gym is well equipped, I don't mind to stay here for business trip.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elainejenz
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Hi Trail of Asia,

Thanks for your "Good hotel for a business trip" review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you like our Fitness Centre.

Let us know when you plan to re-visit Kuching so that we can continue to take care of you.

Paolo

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Century Kuching Hotel

Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is a simple but good hotel, located, just 7 minutes from the airport.

My 6th floor room was spacious and clean. Room lighting and working space are good as well.
Bed was comfortable, but bed sheet was worn with holes in it.

Bathroom was clean, but water stream was not good, and water temperature was not stable.

Room charge of 150++ Ringgit is good price for value, but internet is definitely overpriced, charging 40 Ringgit for a day!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank nomad6022
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Hi nomad6022,

Thanks for review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

I was pleased to read that you found our hotel "a simple but good hotel" and that you like the rooms. The Four Points by Sheraton is a select service brand of Starwood and is about delivering uncomplicated service and it looks like we have done so on this occasion.

I have reviewed as well your additional comments and will share this with the team because this will help us improve going forward.

With regard to the internet we offer free wifi access to all guests in public area of the hotel as well as two free to guest terminals at Wrapped deli. As part of aim to offer Great Value to the different needs of our guests we have a variety of packages that have either include internet and or breakfast. I would also point out that our internet access at 10mbps offers the fastest access in Kuching, which as businessman I am sure you would appreciate.

Thanks again for the review and we look foward to seeing you back in Kuching soon.

Paolo

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I have a system to rate hotels. I know I can't and shouldn't compare a 3 star & a 5 star, as it is usually undeniable that a higher starred hotel has better amenities, F & B outlets, better appointments in fixtures & fittings etc, so I'd start off a review with a default rating of whatever star a property happens to be at, in this case Four Points is a 4 star. If I had an average stay, then they get to keep the 4 stars/points.

Undoubtedly a higher starred property has more to lose because expectations are higher!

So I'd compare this Four Points with my experiences in other 4 stars in the region, maybe Novotel in Singapore, or Holiday Inn in Bangkok etc.
+++++++++++
Additional points:
The rate I paid puts it in a "great value" category.

Maintaining points:
Location is a plus or minus depending on your purpose, located far from town but near the airport. In my case I needed to catch a very early flight so it was very convenient, except free shuttles would depart only on the hour and a private hotel car would cost RM 60 one way for a 3~4 min ride! (took a taxi instead).

I think the rooms were lovely, I don't know if I got a better room because I'm a SPG member and got a SPG floor, in any case there were nice touches, the room & bathroom was spacious and decked with all mod-cons. Very comfortable.

The concierge offered and printed out my boarding pass and sent to my room, which was great.

Minus points:
There was no free internet, as even the cabled LAN will be charged, therefore it'll negate the "great value". The quality & variety of the breakfast, even the ergonomics of how food was placed, was not up to par. The lobby and meeting areas did not impress, which at the same time being too big and therefore seem to be too bare and cold in areas. Maintenance people also should do a better job - carpets on room floor corridors have "air pockets", my bathroom faucet seemed too heavy and would slowly close from its own weight; there were badly fitted fixtures(e.g. cabinets) and electrical sockets (mine was totally dislodged), even common areas had unrepaired tiles in the driveway entrance or half-peeled absorbers in the sliding entrance glass door.

Despite a comfortable stay and a nice room, I give it "almost 4 points".

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Junwatanabe
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

HI Junwatanabe,

Thanks for your review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching. I was pleased to read that you found our hotel of Great Value!

I have also read your additional comments and this has been shared with our team leaders. We do take all comments into account and use them as part of our ongoing process of improvement.

With regard to internet we offer free wifi access to all guests in public area of the hotel as well as two free to guest terminals at Wrapped deli. As part of aim to offer "Great Value" we like to consider the different needs of all our guests. As such, we have a variety of packages that have either include internet and or breakfast. I would also point out that our internet access at 10mbps offers the fastest access in Kuching, which as businessman I am sure you would appreciate.

I thank you for your patronage of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching. I trust that with your continued support of Starwood you will soon be on your way to achieve the Platinum Level benefit of "Free Internet" access at all our properties worldwide.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We have family whom we stay with everytime we are in Kuching but this trip, we stayed for just 1 night in Four Points Sheraton in March 2012. It turned out to be just an average stay. Plus points : big rooms, large beds. Negative points : location and cleanliness (or the lack of which made the hotel felt very old and rundown). Our room also had a refrigerator which was not working, dirty garbage bins, stained lamps and parquet full of scratches. The hotel's pool closed at 6pm!! Have stayed in hotels the world over but never seen one that closed at 6. My kids only managed to start swimming at 5.30pm after the rain stopped but they would not extend the closure time ... bummer!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CSC_Dec2011
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Hi CSC_Dec2011,

Thanks for your review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

While I was pleased to read that you liked our rooms and our award winning beds I was disappointed to read that we were unable to meet your expectations.

Your comments have been shared with the department heads involved and corrective action will be taken to address this.

Once again I sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay. Should your travels take you back through Kuching please let me know, so that we can make it up to you.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

On a short 1 night stop over in Kuching for a business meeting, I chose the relatively new Sheraton Four Points in Kuching as it was 5minutes away from the airport.

Have to say, was impressed with the standard room, which is large and the comfortable bed. The little things make the difference.

Didn't get to try the buffet breakfast as I had an early morning flight and had to leave for the airport early.

Internet should really be free for room guests in this day and age.

No complaints otherwise. The airport shuttle service is very well organized and appreciated though I don't quite get the need to book a seat 1 hour in advance. How on earth do guests do that if they are on a flight headed to kuching and book a room via other websites?

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Diving-Addiction00
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Century Kuching Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Hi The_Rottweiler,

Many thanks for your "Impressive!" review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching. The team works hard to deliver on the basics and it looks like we have done so on this occasion.

I am happy that you enjoyed our hotel and was impressed with the size of our room which is a good size (36 square meters.) I have read your comments regarding internet and we offer great value packages with and without internet. Free Wifi is also offered in the public area with two free for guests terminals available at Wrapped deli. WIth regard to the airport shuttle we suggest advance reservation so that we are able to forecast the volume of guests requiring our complimentary shuttle. Guests who need transfers can call or email in their arrival time so we can ensure that we have a shuttle waiting for them.

Thanks again for the great review.