See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 May 2012

i have never stayed in a worst place than this.

Service was poor and slow. Our water heater was so cold, we called up the receptionist to send someone to fix the shower. No response til the following day when i called them again. Since I didnt have much free time to wait for the technicians, i told them to bring one pronto. Waited half an hour til i called them AGAIN only to have them tell me that "ohh..the technicians had a look at it already and said we cannot do anything about it. So you'll have to change rooms" All this waiting for nothing? and they didnt even have the courtesy to call me back to inform me about this. Changing of the rooms is also a hassle because they want us out of that malfunctioned room "now" when we were so busy with our course being held at the same place. -___-

Dont even rely on housekeeping. Even upon check in, i noticed strands of hair on the bathroom floor and on my bed. Leftovers of hotel soaps and shampoos still in the shower. I had to call em again to clean the bathroom and still no difference.

I only rated Sleep Quality as average because i was too tired by the time i got back to my room. No credits to the hotel there.

I spent 4 nights of smelly hell in this hotel, NEVER again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Phrz
Regal Court Kuc... A, Manager at Regal Court Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2015

Thank you for your comment. I deeply apologise for your unpleasant stay - we have since, and will continue to improve our facilities and service quality.

Reviewed 15 November 2008

I reached Kuching on 15 Nov 2008. So, I asked my Kuching''s friend where to stay which is very near to the place where i can eat. So, she suggested me to stay at Regalis Court Kuching. 1st time I heard the name, it had captured my feeling. When we reached at the hotel lobby the decoratives are quite amazing with the picture of old Kuching and a few of wooden arts.

Check in time, she gave me room 212 and offered a rate at RM140.00. While I entered the room, I quite surprised to see a terrible room similar to a pig farm. The ceiling was leaking, sinky dirty, the pillows were damn dirty and the worst thing was the staff told me that was STANDARD!! Standard to what? All hotel in Kuching or Sarawak? Even they willing to give me to stay for free, I will not accept that kind of room. I refused and asked for the other room. The staff asked me to sent back the key. Is that the correct procedure t the hotel? We pay them the service.

They gave me room 112. Since the hotels in Kuching were all fully booked, i have no choice to stay I night here. This room.... just ok even though terrible with the rate of RM140.00. The key slot cannot be used to energise the electric power. When I used the key card room 212, then the power was on. Since they should get the key from me so I have decided to keep it.

What made the thing worst was on the next morning (16/11) the reception (named Yanti) called me at 630am asking for the key. Hey... come on!! 630am.. I still in my deep sleep. I asked her to go up to take it from me. She asked stupid question, "when i want to check out". Are they suppose to know? She grabbed the key from me rudely without saying anything. I called the receptionist, asking for duty manager. She put down the phone. I called again. She gave me duty manager name (Pn Hanariah), but she was on duty yet. Do you think that duty manager should be available anytime. What hotel is this????

Regalis Court carries the name of SARAWAK!! What first timer will see Sarawak if the service given at this level.

DONT RECOMMEND AT ALL TO STAY.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank aahit

Thank you for your comment. Please note that management changed hands in 2009 due to a takeover and we have renovated the majority of the hotel since.