All reviewssunday marketgaya streetwalking distanceyee funglaksafilipino marketoffer breakfastwifi worked wellsmall windowlight sleeperkampung airshower cubicleyour doorstepsuria shopping mallstrategic locationjesselton pointhot water
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I stayed here many times when I was in Sabah, I really loved the place, the beds are comfortable, the place is really clean, the staff are wonderful. They remembered me every time, greeted me like an old friend and even gave me a fruit bowl. The wifi is good. And its in a great location.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kate V
Reviewed 1 October 2017

The reception staff all speak Chinese and this hotel is very popular with Chinese tourists so was very busy. We were only able to stay for one night as fully booked.
Great downtown location across the road from airport shuttle bus drop-off point.
Close to gaya street restaurants and right at the Sunday market.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ExMatt
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

The place is in a pretty good location. Jalan Gaya, with many eateries, is just the corner. Jesselton Point is about 15 minutes walk away and there is a major shopping centre in the vincinity as well.

The size of the room is ok, and the sheets and towels are clean. However, it is a bit noisy at night as I can hear singing (probably from a KTV nearby).

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank dannychan_sg
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We stayed here for 4 nights over the weekend of a bicycle race. We chose the hotel as it was located very near the race starting point and is walking distance from a lot of cafes/restaurants. You will need to park on the street if you drive, but it's not a big problem as there is a public parking lot right across the hotel. You will also need to purchase parking vouchers, which are available at several shops around the hotel.
The hotel may not be the most modern or newest looking, but it is clean and a good deal for the price. And the best thing is that the staff is very friendly, especially the manager.
The only downside is the noise coming from bars around the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anothermich
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I was there for a trip to Sabah and give you a "yes" for this very nice hotel. It's in the centrum of Kota Kinabalu, so you can get to many places in a very short time. I would always go there again, if I am in Kota Kinabalu. They are very friendly and helpful too.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo