All reviews gaya street airport bus padang merdeka egg station call to prayer signal hill observatory within walking distance would stay here again breakfast was included minute walk clean hotel sunday market packed breakfast highest floor pandan nice stay central location
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

The room was moldy and this was an issue since I have respiratory problems. When confronted with the issue the receptionist just said 'well you paid for a room without a window, deal with it'. We changed room and were told there wouldnt be an extra charge.
When checking out the receptionist demanded that we paid the difference in price. We stated that we were told otherwise; to which the receptionist blatantly stated that the other receptionist had to pay the difference if we didnt pay. Totally unfair treatment of staff; they should not have to compensate for the lack of proper ventilation in the rooms!

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

You can walk to Jesselton Point from here and you can easily get Uber or Grab Car from this location. The rooms are quite small but it's comfortable and the hot water shower is good too. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, my friend had to freeze her ice pack for her breast milk and they stored them in the kitchen freezer. Breakfast was not exceptionally delicious but it was not to bad. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Kasthuri S
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights here, great hotel and location to markets, local food and jetty for taking boats over to islands and diving!

Hotel staff really accommodating and nice varied breakfast with egg station!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren951
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Dreamtel is conveniently situated - walking distance to centre of KK. Reasonable size rooms. Friendly staff. Free wifi. To with couple of English channels. Breakfast was adequate. Tiny fridge in room. Kettle in room.
Walked in my room and I was hit by smell of cigarette smoke. No smoking rooms - what a joke. 3 days with aircon on and window open smell was still there. Maybe try cleaning aircon filters!
Next I noticed grubby carpet with large burn mark from an iron, then I saw the coffee splashes on the wall nobody had bothered to wipe away.
A long hair awaited me on the dressing table.
The bathroom mirror had white spots across it ( like someone had squeezed zits). Mirror remained unwired for 3 days.
The shower floor and walls had black mould all over. There was no shelf in the shower to store shampoo.
The bathroom door obviously hadn't been wiped for a long time and had white splash markets across it.
The under sheet barely reached the edge of the mattress and large portion of mattress side was exposed - obviously this sheet was a good 40cm to narrow to tuck in. The sheet had several holes in it. The duvet had at least 2 colours of permanent stains on it.
The room has no chair so you are forced to sit on the bed.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I came here after leaving Borneo Backpackers early and it was like walking into heaven. They immediately came to my rescue by helping contact the airport for delayed luggage, they sent a taxi for my friend and they contacted our travel agency for the trek up Mount Kinabalu. The man on front desk was fantastic. The rooms are spacious and clean and comfortable. It is very well located and the price is good. They were fully booked so try and book in advance for a good room with a view. The breakfast was good; buffet style and filling. Highly recommend it here and we will come back for our final night before flying home.

1  Thank debskroit2017