The hotel location is excellent. The area around it is not so cramped up with a lot of people or night markets, so it’s definitely peaceful and safe. But if you need supplies or food, there are a lot of nearby restaurants, malls and a pharmacy. It is located in the middle of a commercial place called Asia City Complex. A big mall called the Centrepoint Sabah Mall is located just across a main road. We did most of our grocery shopping for snacks there at a supermarket on its lower ground floor. We stayed on the seventh floor and had a deluxe double room with the Seaview. The view was absolutely beautiful. Although the room was a bit small we still decided to choose this hotel for a lot of good reasons. The hotel is new, we did an offline booking just by e-mailing them, then we paid for our entire four nights of stay in full when we got there, the check in and check out processes were a breeze, the staff were friendly and can speak fairly good English, the hotel is really clean, our room was clean and was cleaned daily, the bathroom was big, its size was half our room space, the AC can be controlled, there was a blow dryer, the room also had a safe, there was an LCD TV, although there weren’t a lot of satellite TV channel choices, it was fine, since we were out often anyways, the bathroom supplies were replenished daily, the bathroom was cleaned daily too, the shower stall was huge, water pressure was very good, there was also a water dispenser for hot, cold and warm water at every floor, which was very helpful since we drink a lot of water because of the activities that we did there and because KK has a hot weather too, we brought in our own Nalgene plastic bottles for that. There was also a common ironing area, located near the lift, as what they call it over there. Overall, we had a great stay. For RM135 a night, it was worth it. The only bad thing we’ve noticed though is that there wifi signal in our room was poor. I hope the hotel can improve on that. Since we stayed four nights, I asked to get free daily wifi. They provided a username and password for it and it’s only good on one device at a time. The hotel’s lift was also very secure, our room key card had to be swiped over a sensor to activate it. We felt very safe at this hotel and overall had a great stay. We didn’t try the Express Diner located at the lobby though, so we don’t know how their food taste but with a lot of good points we would definitely recommend this hotel and would choose it again if we come back to KK in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu, a 100% Smoke-Free Hotel since 1 November 2017, offering 275 guestrooms with all the essential amenities for a refreshing experience with great value. Guestrooms are cosy with eclectic mix of stylish feature wall, anchored along efficiency with essential amenities such as Wi-Fi (inclusive of all public areas), LCD TV with satellite channels, electronic safe and power shower. Each guest floor from Level 1 to Level 11 offers common ironing room and hot & cold water dispenser. Located strategically in the heart of the city within Asia City complex, a mere 10-minute drive from the airport and walking distance to several local shopping centres, the hotel operates on the philosophy of “Smart, Clean, Simple”, offering a different dimension of accommodation to the business and leisure travelers – simplicity with a value-focus experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelQuickly, Ctrip TA and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu Sabah