“Great day with fun, friendly and professional staff!”

Downbelow Marine & Wildlife Adventures - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 82 Tours in Kota Kinabalu
More attraction details
Owner description: Under the umbrella of Downbelow Marine & Wildlife Adventures is Downbelow PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Dive Centre. The Downbelow Travel Centre, an Official Tour & Travel operator for Sabah based in KK Times Square. Our Downbelow Adventure Lodge, an expedition style lodge catering for group & independent adventure travel and the largest scuba diving & adventure shop. Our PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Centre is a slice of paradise, nestled in a quiet bay on Gaya Island in the TAR Park just 8 minutes by boat from Kota Kinabalu city. We are the only operator at this location so you will enjoy your activity without the crowds. Our highly qualified team of friendly professional instructors & instructor trainers are managed by our resident PADI Course Director (CD), the highest rating in recreational diving.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I am just back from Borneo, where I spent 4 days between Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan and Sepilok. The entire trip was organized by 'Downbelow' travel centre. My contact Alice, senior consultant, was extremely efficient and proactive in giving advices, replying to all my queries in 24 hours or less. Everything went smoothly and according to the itinerary. For the last day I had plan 3 dives with Downbelow dive centre in Gaya Island. Again the team impressed me with the level of professionalism, care and fun. The entire crew made us feel extremely comfortable and welcome! I would strongly recommend a day out with this team. Special thanks to Paul, Richard, Liz and Richard. Hope to see you again down below...

KKRichard, Owner at Downbelow Marine & Wildlife Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Hey Helenice
I have passed on your compliments to the Travel Centre TQ
We also loved having the opportunity to see you on the island & I even got the chance to do a dive with you myself :)
Hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards
MD Downbelow Marine & Wildlife

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We booked a 3d2n trip to sandakan. Our guide Patrick was fantastic and really made our trip! Ask for Patrick! Dive down below answered all my questions over email - always replied within 24 hours. We paid a deposit and than remaining balance a few weeks before we arrived in Borneo. Everything went smoothly and we had a great trip. Would recommend and use again.

1  Thank hf8979

Hi hf8979
Great that you enjoyed Sandakan so much it is also one of my favorite locations in Sabah to.
Thanks for your public endorsement of our services as this helps other travelers have faith in booking with Downbelow.
Kind regards

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Had a brilliant time snorkelling here, saw lots of marine life. The centre is on the beautiful island of Gaya, one of the prettiest small islands I've had the pleasure of being on! The team of staff are top notch, really friendly and always looking to help. I'd definitely like to visit again.

KKRichard, Owner at Downbelow Marine & Wildlife Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Morning Cheranga D
Thanks for your review and kind comments we are very happy you enjoyed the snorkeling with us.
We look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I visited Downbelow as part of a university trip, and as a very inexperienced diver. All of the team there made us really feel at home and put us at ease, and we were soon feeling comfortable kitting up and diving, as if we'd been doing it forever! I even did my Adventure Diver training whilst there, and Richard took us through the course brilliantly, and we all passed no problem. He even threw in a bonus Whale Shark sighting!! Overall an amazing trip and I would definitely recommend the place to anyone, whether you're a total beginner or a seasoned pro!

Hello hollykb
We have always enjoyed having your Uni groups visiting us here on Gaya so naturally we were delighted to host your program again recently, it is our pleasure & duty to take good care of you and yes the Whale Shark was a wonderful bonus.
Good luck with your degree & congratulations for becoming a PADI Adventure Diver.
PADI Course Director & MD
Downbelow Marine & Wildlife

Reviewed 16 April 2012

we have always dived in the red sea but decided to dive with Downbelow when we went to borneo. The island is amazing and the staff are really friendly. we hadn't dived for 18months so were a bit apprehenisve. Wilson was amazing and reasurred us and made us feel at ease. we dived for 2 days and although the water and coral aren't as good as red sea the atmosphere and calmness about the whole experience made it 10times better than red sea. less divers and easier access to dive sites, all sites we visited were within a 10minute boat ride from the island and all staff helped with tanks and equipment.
Wilson and roy were really nice and funny
and the whole experience was worth every penny (which wasnt much as for 2 days diving 3 dives per day it seemed very cheap)

1  Thank vic777cat
KKRichard, Owner at Downbelow Marine & Wildlife Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Hi vic777cat
Thanks so much for you great review. I myself have spent many years diving the Red Sea & you are right it has some wonderful spots but Sabah also has much to offer along with some of the best marine diversity on the planet. We always try to run our dive centre as if we would like to visit & I am obviously very happy you enjoyed it so much & felt it good value.
Look forward to seeing you again soon.
PADI Course Director & MD Downbelow Marine & Wildlife