“Nice hotel”

Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Putrajaya
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed for two nights at this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room and restaurants. The room was clean and comfortable. The lunch buffet was very good and value for money. Overall, nice hotel by the lake!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you for your comments. It is always great to hear from a satisfied customer. We value all feedback and continually strives to have happy customers.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I came in a group, had a good rate, and ended up with one of the largest rooms in the hotel. It's what they call a one-bedroom apartment where I could close off access to the bedroom through two sliding doors. My sitting area had space for 15 persons although this meant that some had to sit on the carpet. There was a kitchenette with a sink and a single induction cooker with a hood.

The bathroom was huge with a peninsula sink (a sink with the side coming out from the wall so you could around it on three sides) and the wardrobe. Water pressure was good, there was a weighing scale and even two small dumb bells.

The bedroom had a desk apparently designed for work but not quite: the tv was right in front.

The kitchenette had the illy pod coffee machine (Francis model) and free top ups of capsules. There were also cutlery and crockery. So my place became party central for the nights we were there.

Food was passable. The F&B team tried but they really could not deliver to the crowd we had. It was 50% occupancy before we came and almost 100% when we checked-in. I suspect the staffing is for 50% because I checked in at almost 4 pm and my room was just ready then.

The downsides: a hotel is not just a building. What distinguishes one from another is the service quality. I did not experience any downside but some of my friends did. My "apartment" required taking two elevators from the lobby. Several of the staff (they were all friendly) got lost, led my friends to dead ends, gave up. The gym (nice size) ran out of towels; the drinking cups need to be washed, they were not the disposable paper cups. On the last day, some rooms were done even when the staff apparently knew the guests were checking out--the luggage were still there; my friends said they felt bad because they had to use the bathroom.

I enjoyed my time there with my group. If you can get a good rate, it's probably worth considering.

Room Tip: The lake-view rooms have balconies. The courtyard-view rooms have no balconies but have the same squ...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Panguin
Loison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Booked 3 rooms for family outing. As the hotel was full-housed a day before, it exposed the fact that this hotel is not ready/cater for high occupancy. I called a day before, and 3 hrs before arriving, notifying them that I would like to check in early if possible. Somehow, when I arrived at 12:30pm, none of my rooms were ready. Fine, since the check in time is 2 pm, the whole of my family, including a number of kids, have no choice but to wait patiently by the lobby area. The fact that we have 6 adults & 4 young kids waiting in the lobby did not any way making them expedite the room preparation process. Every 20mins, when I checked, they will tell me, none of the room is ready, because we have high occupancy yesterday. BUT, since we were there waiting, and probably just another 2 more families were on the queue too, they should have focusing on cleaning our room first, if they sincerely want to expedite it.
By 1:50pm, I was in the counter, reminding the receptionist that in 10mins time, I want my rooms ready as per agreed timing. Then, they started to call their cleaning staffs, asking them to clean my room immediately. Somehow, by 2:30pm, I managed to get only 1 out of 3 rooms. The rest of the rooms, only ready way past 3pm.
Very disappointing check in process. If it is not because of this, this hotel is not a bad option for a weekend break with family.

Location: You know it is located in Putrajaya, a highly isolated, and non-developed place. The nearest shopping mall is 20mins drive away.

Pros: Kids friendly activities were FOC. Wifi is free, but in lobby and lotus building only. Others wings, only LAN line is usable. Sauna & Steam bath FOC. Rooms are clean, but some of the things were faulty.
Cons: Swimming pool is very small. Location. Services at the front desk.

Room Tip: For family with kids, get the one bedroom apartment, very spacious room. For couple, go for room wit...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Loison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Thank you for your comments and I do apologize for the delay in delivering the rooms. As you mentioned we were running full occupancy the previous day so it was a challenge having all your rooms ready on time by 2pm. I appreciate your understanding on this matter.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tuwailmg
Loison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Reviewed 9 June 2012

This hotel is good value if you book it through one of the major hotel discount sites. It is in a nice setting, very good customer service and the convenience of a nearly all-hours restaurant and a beauty spa. It took about 20-30 mins by taxi, so it is sort of halfway between the airport and KL. The location is not close to anything really.

What ruined it all, though, is we had booked this hotel as a place to relax and unwind in between flights from Europe to Australia. We paid extra for an early check in so we could go to sleep right away, but directly underneath our building in an area called "The Pavillion", there was some sort of function going on, with loud music and an MC shouting into the microphone for most of the day and night... even encouraging the crowd to scream.

We tried to change rooms but the hotel was almost completely booked out and did not have any similar rooms. The noise continued well into the night, and the building didn't have any sort of sound-proofing, which made it feel as though we were trying to sleep right in front of the stage.

We found it completely absurd that a hotel would operate such a noisy function smack bang in the middle of 2 accommodation buildings. Surely other guests had the same problem as us.

I hope the hotel considers this next time they decide to run a function. Customers come to a hotel for rest, not to listen to someone else's party all day and night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Pavilion.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ozicequeen
Loison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Thank you for your comments. It is always great to hear from a satisfied customer and I have noted your comments related to the noise during your stay with this large function at the courtyard.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Putrajaya
8.8 km away
2.7 km away
Cyberview Resort & Spa
Cyberview Resort & Spa
#1 of 5 in Cyberjaya

Been to Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK