“Simply but perfect”
Review of My Own Cafe

My Own Cafe
Ranked #6 of 1,112 Restaurants in George Town
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We came for lunch, quite early so I wasn't sure if I wanted a big or small bowl of laksa. Chose a small bowl. The REGRET! I wish I have chosen a big bowl , laksa was just delicious, perfectly spiced ! A MUST TRY.
Cafe is small, so don't expect a 10 page menu. It's a lovely family run cafe, where speciality is laksa and that's what they serve.
Lovely, friendly owners. Made me feel welcome, and I wish I could go back to Penang just for bowl of laksa.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We ate here twice as the assam laksa and char koay teow were delicious! Friendly service and good fresh carrot juice too.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Penang Assam laksa so tasty, well balanced sour tamarind and cheap for a bowl of noodles! Must have the nutmeg juice too. Helpful & cute young boss!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Ok, so everyone goes here for the laksa - which was very nice, but apart from that, there were only 3 other dishes on offer (char kway teow, and something with rice). So don’t make a special trip if you’re after more to eat than just a bowl of laksa!

It was nice but this place probably doesn’t deserve a top 10 rating on the basis of one dish alone.

Evans84, Owner at My Own Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear 888travel,
Thanks for enjoying our Laksa. For your information, we are ranked top 10 based on food quality, food prices and services that we provide to all our customer. Our concept of cafe is based on Penang local food and we prefer to focus on the quality of our food rather than quantity. Anyway, we will take your comment as a positive feedback for us to improve even better in future.

Warm regards,
Evans Cheah
Owner of My Own Cafe

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I my self ordered to.meal just for me..To try out their asam.laksa and charkuey teow..my wife has nasi goreng she said suit her taste..My Char kuey teow very good..taste the wok.hey...I like it ..its just compare to.bee hwa..I personally prefer bee hwa..its just asam.laksa..taste good..my personal opinion iy would be tatse better if the chef increase the sourness...chicken.wing Belacan very juicy..Belacan taste not realy taste it..i would be better if the chef enhance the taste of belacan.The service Excellent..Tip top...Thumbsup