All reviews gurney drive beach cafe mr firdaus jacuzzi tub living hall separate toilet huge room great sea view no lift small gym infinity pool bit dated hotel lobby buffet breakfast food court hotel management pleasant stay
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Rooms are dated and old, floor creeks, and there were roaches.
But, there is a Jacuzzi tub in the room which my toddler absolutely liked, and the hotel pool was nice for the kids to enjoy in the afternoon.
Breakfast came with the room, just average.

Location is near food places and malls, near gurney drive but not necessarily walking distance though there are some that are close enough to walk to. Driving is a hassle because parking and traffic around the area is bad, congested and jammed.

Had a view of the sea but lots of construction work going on (reclaimed landfill).

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
WangChenYee, Hotel Manager at The Northam All Suite Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed the jacuzzi, pool and the location of our hotel.

As for the issues with cockroaches, we have been working diligently with our pest countrol service provider and the situation has been ractified.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Northam in the near future. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 March 2018

First time staying here and i'm loving it already! Speedy reply from Grace ( tele ) when i needed help. Big room with reasonable price , comfy bed and cool Jacuzzi! No complaint and definitely coming back again. Thumb up!

Just needed some improvement on crowd control during breakfast. I think they have a ground check in ( china group ) on that time and our seat was taken by other guest aggressively and ended up sharing table with them. ( it's okay since they insist on sitting on our table ) *Lesson learned, never leave your table even if you have your stuff or bags leaving on it.

Overall, great !

Room Tip: You can request for a honeymoon set up if you're planing to surprise your partner but needed to let them know 3 days in advance.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted to learn that you had a great stay and enjoyed the facilities as well as personalise service you experienced prior to and during your stay.

All of us at the Northam look forward to welcoming you back to the Northam in the very near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 7 March 2018

The hotel owns me RM60 that was charged from my credit card apparently "by mistake".
Poor customer services and staff and managers are hopeless to solve your issue. They mistreat you
I would recommend everyone to double check how much you've been charged cause apparently they are stealing money from poeple's credit card
Will never return to this hotel again and none of my friends will

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear MeiLyn,

Thank you for sharing your frustration with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the misundestanding of the RM60 charges and I hope it has been credited back to your credit card by now. If you still need any further assistance on this matter, please kindly send me an email to hm@northam-hotel.com.my

Once again, we apologise for the missunderstanding and any inconvenience it may cause.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2018

near to gurney drive, and gurney plaze, can reach in walking distance, also near to town, good reception service and friendly, easy get cab or Grab to travel. good, clean and beatiful room, overall good and nice.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 17 February 2018

i was staying there for one night upon my arrival there were no one who come to help
i could understand it was very crowded. they asked me to have a sit, i was waiting for 20 mins, once they were available to assist they ask me to come,

But during check in process made me feel we were not welcomed at all
The lady "Rita" she was doing the check in for me and suddenly call another staff to hand over my check in without informing us and mentioning to the staff she needs to go for her lunch with her guest.

also although i've request the room for non- smoking they never ask and just gave the room in smoking Floor!

during my Breakfast next day i came down around 0700hrs for the breakfast but the
staff was busy making there own breakfast

i didn't expect for the high quality services but it wasn't the one that i was expecting

Room Tip: cheap and nice view
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank skskchang
WangChenYee, Hotel Manager at The Northam All Suite Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the undesirable experience you encountered during your stay with us. Rest assured actions have been taken by the management team to address the issues mentioned in your review.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Northam in the near future.