We spent three nights here in September and had a wonderful stay. We were in the old part of the hotel on the third floor - suites were large, very comfortable, and windows opened to lovely views out over the sea. There was no noise apart from the crashing of the sea against the shore ... A wonderful sound on waking. Service was superb - all staff were welcoming and helpful without being obtrusive in any way. I particularly loved the pool by the sea and spent a few hours in and around it - it was never crowded or noisy. Breakfast was excellent (try the roti ... best I had in all Penang and I made sure to try a few!). I also really enjoyed the free yoga class.
The hotel was well located near the old town and a cheap taxi ride to other Penang attractions.
We read the guest book which had quite a few people returning for second or third visits - I can't think of anything nicer than being a regular visitor to the E&O. Thanks to all staff for looking after us so well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Fastbooking and Prestigia so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town