A survivor of a bygone age perhaps, but one that has kept up with modern requirements. The rooms are excellent, with fascinating views of the busy sea lanes. There is no beach, but the pool area is excellent. We were there for three days in May and our only word of caution is that it is all rather impersonal, inspite of the excellent service. It is easy to walk into Georgetown centre to see what real life is like in Penang away from the protection of this very good hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town