This is a good business and leisure hotel. The check in is smooth, the rooms excellent, I have stayed here several times and always got marvellous views of the sea. The room is smallish, but what the hell, I used it only to sleep. The fixtures were standard for a hotel of its type. Thier breakfast was a lavish spread and the service is good, the staff always smiling and ready to help.
You can walk out to many of the sights of Penang and even eat out in any of the marvellous eateries all around the hotel.
Only one small crib: I had dinner in the main restaurant. it was not great. The buffet was not available for some reason and the a al carte menu seemed unsatisfactory to me.
But overall , I would recommend it, especially for business trips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport, 5 minutes drive to Penang Ferry terminal, 5-10 minutes walk to nearby tourist attractions such as street arts and UNESCO heritage trails, 15-minutes walk to Chowrasta market and Mydin Hypermarket, 20-minutes walk to Komtar/Prangin Mall/1st Avenue Mall, 20-minutes walk to Esplanade/Beach Street and the Red Garden Hawker Centre is located just opposite the hotel. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Cititel Penang George Town