“Great hotel!”
Review of PPisland Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in George Town
PPisland Hotel
Ranked #65 of 85 Hotels in George Town
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Great hotel with great location! It's located at the heart of the city and famous food stalls are just few steps away!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank markdealwis
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for PPisland Hotel

Reviewed 4 June 2012

The hotel is located in an alleyway between Jalan Burma & Jalan Macalister, IMHO offering the best eateries in Georgetown in retrospect to the overrated Gurney Drive locales.

Rooms are clean with your no frills basic facilities. Value for $$ for the couple or small families planning to stay in Georgetown!

Room Tip: Do ask for non smoking floors. These are normally the top floors. It also means you will be isolated...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2012

It's a business trip. Sure you may be asking, if it's a business trip, what the hell are you doing in this hotel??? This is my 3rd repeated stay. sadly it'll be the last one because:
1) the free wifi in the room doesn't work! And I got to go camp at the lobby. This being the case, I could then go for a nicer hotel for business travellers.
2) the pillow case has stain......
3) parking is horrible!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SeasonDiver
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in April 2012

On the first night, we were given room 402 on the smoking floor. The odour was so bad that we asked to switch to a non-smoking room but it was fully booked. The room wasn't properly clean as we could see stains in the bathroom. The bathroom was also dirty with a stale smell and you can see bugs around the ceiling. The bed was so hard and we hardly could sleep the whole night.

We asked to switch to non-smoking floor on the 2nd night and was checked-in to room 303. This room was much better, and cleaner (I dont know why). So the 2nd and 3rd night stays got better.

With the price we paid at RM85nett for a Queen Size bed, we couldn't ask for more I guess. The hotel location is very good, located nearby hawkers foodstalls with many varieties. There's also a restaurant selling dimsum as early as 5.30am and the food was delicious. So breakfast is not a problem.

Room Tip: Go for non-smoking room! However, understand from the staff that there's only one non-smoking fl...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BoonBoon
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I visit this hotel on February, when enter hotel lobby it gave me a luxury feeling. The lobby design and decoration was very good. Staff at Reception was very helpful and friendly. I got my room at 9th floor,the view from my room were nice and consider partially seaview.hahahaha... Although that day was full house, the hotel were quite enough and I able to get my carpark space outside the hotel and without charge until 9 in the morning. within the walking distance, I have visit the Sim Kim shan and the other 2 kopitiam in a row for my dinner, there have very good food and reasonable price. I will definitely coming back again for my next trip.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo