“The Best Ever Hotel I Stay In Pangkor.”

Puteri Bayu Beach Resort
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Pangkor
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“The Best Ever Hotel I Stay In Pangkor.”
Reviewed 7 April 2011

After read all the bad review I'm little bit afraid after made my booking here. But my wife kept telling me all the bad review are from fussy guest and as hotelier i also should know that. Arrived on the evening i'll be little bit suprise with the warm welcome and nice lobby. Everything during check in time run smoothly with any inconvenience cause. After few minutes we went to the chalet (for your info we book puteri suite / family suite) and we be amazed with the location, privacy and view. Just 10 meters away from the beach, with no other hassle. For food you may choose to have steamboat for dinner at the restaurant. The have all the facilities for family or a big group like futsal arena, volleyball and nice swimming pool. On the night you may go for their private karaoke launge which only in house guest may enter. My suggestion for all the traveller to stay here, pay little bit more for chalet and you may get great place during your stay. But please bear in mind, if you go during peak season, even 5 star also will make mistake, please use your sense.

Room Tip: Take the chalet, it's have great view
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank emin3m_no7
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 1 March 2011

We stayed as this hotel after fleeing Blue Bay Resort in Lumut (which was a dirty, even more run down, ant-infested resort that we had booked for one night before going to Tiger Rock hotel on Pangkor) - we went to a travel agent by the ferry jetty for alternative hotel suggestions and they recommended this place. And after having seen the pictures we actually had our hopes up. But when we arrived there we were pretty close to walking out on this place as well (it sounds like we're extremely picky which we aren't by any means - we often stay at guesthouses and budget places). The bathroom was filthy as was the room in general - greasy windows (too bad - the view would have been beautiful otherwise... we just couldn't see it...), hairs all over the floor, hairs in the bed (!) and it was obvious that the surfaces had not been wiped clean. The place in general was not well maintained - the pool area was very shabby. We also didn't feel welcome in the hotel restaurant - when we asked about the menu and buffet the waiter suggested we go to the food court next door!! Breakfast wasn't much to shout about either - and the service was almost non-existent. In short: we were very happy to leave this place!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank janglybracelets

Travellers are raving about these Pangkor hotels

Perak
Reviewed 22 May 2009

Hi. I don't usually post reviews of hotels I've stayed in, but this time, I had to WARN people about the trap that is Puteri Bayu Beach Resort (PBBR).

I had the misfortune of staying in this place for two weeks (17/4/09 - 30/4/09) for a Government-sponsored course. I had looked up their website and was looking forward to spend an enjoyable time there.

Upon arrival, I was appalled to see the dingy lobby. It took us more than an hour to check in. However, the worst was yet to come. The room assigned to us was small, with two single beds, covered in bedsheets that had seen far better days. The bathroom appliances were broken, with moss and soapslime covering the tiles. Nothing in the room looked or felt clean.

The food served was merely average, with the breakfast menu repeating itself over the next two weeks.

The sole saving grace was the free wireless internet service, with decent speed. I could not have survived without it.

There is no gym/spa. The beach strip is not much. Visitors are better off walking to Pasir Bogak, a public beach which is adjacent to the hotel.

I would not come back here again. I'm just thankful I didn't spend any money for this trip.
Stay away, people.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Shoikan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pangkor
0.3 km away
Anjungan Beach Resort
#3 of 27 in Pangkor
1.8 km away
Pangkor Laut Resort

Been to Puteri Bayu Beach Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK