In a recent family vacation in Pangkor, we spent a night at a 4-person suite with a loft. We paid RM320, or about USD100, I'd consider it a pretty good deal. My brother and his wife also booked a separate room.
The property is only a few years old, pretty new. It's located about 15 minutes from the town center. There's a cafe on site and plenty of food vendors outside. The beach is only a few steps across the street. Location-wise it is neat if you are looking for a more secluded location outside of the hustle and bustle of a town. Here a tip: if you want more seclusion, walk up north along the street over a small hill, you will find a even better beach with clearer water. Or just ask for direction to Daddy's cafe. :)
The hotel appeared to be family-owned. From the outside, as others have said, appeared neat. But the rooms could use some TLC. First off, the blades of the in-room AC unit were broken and we could not direct the air up towards the loft (the loft was hot during the day!). The bathroom was dimmy and the shelf were wobbly, and the sink was leaky. Each time we used the sink, our feet would be soaked. Nonetheless, they fixed the problem almost immediately after being told of the issue.
I love the loft. The wooden floor was sturdy and classy. Now, if they could install a second AC unit there because it is hot during the day!
Staff was friendly. One thing I don't understand is why the pool area is only opened at 10 am? Dear mister, you have a nice pool, allow us to use it more!! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anjungan Beach Resort is a beach retreat strategically located between two of Pangkor’s best and popular beaches, Nipah Bay and Coral Beach. Nipah Bay is just across the road while Coral Beach is only a few minutes walk away. Giam Island, a popular snorkeling location is situated only a few hundred meters from the beach in front of the resort. Blending modern and tropical design, the resort is meant to provide guests a perfect island getaway that will draw you into an inviting and memorable experience. Come and experience it for yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Anjungan Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anjungan Beach Hotel Pangkor
- Anjungan Beach Resort And Spa
- Anjungan Beach Resort Pangkor, Pulau Pangkor