Sea View Hotel & Holiday Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Pangkor
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Me and my parents & relatives used to vacation in this hotel since the early 1990s. I came back with friends last year, and back again this month. I am totally familiar with this hotel, and have very fond memory of it, due to it's association with many cheerful moment of my childhood and teenage years. It pains me that I have to write this review, because I truly wanted to forgive all the shortcomings I encountered in this recent trip.

The quality of this resort has deteriorated so much over time, my recent stay at this resort is just unbearable. My last year stay is acceptable, although it has already shown many of it's problem. First up the good point:
- The sunset and the view is spectacular!
- It is right beside the beach, and nearby many good restaurants.
- Horn-bills can get very close to you, and it is an amazing experience.
- The room decor has hardly change since the 90s, but it is clean and tidy.

The bad:
- The breakfast quality is unpredictable. Our 1st breakfast, the food is stale and cold. Our 2nd breakfast it is however acceptable. Service is slow and waitress is generally cold and indifferent.
- We have steamboat dinner. They served us rotten to-fu and fish balls. My friends ate some, and got diarrhea soon after. I complained to the management during the meal, they didn't replace the food, instead they give us only a slight discount. This is not acceptable because the rotten food has basically spoiled the whole steamboat soup. We didn't eat much when me found out the to-fu & fish balls were bad.
- Dirty waters flows back into our room washroom every morning, and give off a very bad odor in our room every morning.
- The fridge in our room is not working.
- I left a book behind, and contacted them to mail it back, with me bearing the postage. They didn't respond to my request via email, and my phone inquiries were transferred around.
- My encountered with all of the indifferent staff there shows that the hotel has really passed it's prime, during it's heyday in the 90s, the owner (A world badminton champion during 1960s) is actively involved in running the hotel, I still seen him but he doesn't seems to care too much about the slacking staff.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank tanwk
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Good value hotel. Waterfront location and views were outstanding and the adjacent beach very nice. Rooms were big enough for our family of four but not attractive to spend any time in. Staff were friendly but very slow to take your order or bring your food - not that it matters greatly if you're not in a hurry. Food fluctuated between really bad and really good but the views from the restaurant area are beautiful and relaxing. Doesn't seem to be many westerners there. Has a free table tennis table for the kids and lots of cheap water sports activities out the front on the nice beach. Swimming pool is pretty good but stupidly they have erected a wall blocking the beautiful view. Easy to walk to other restaurants in town. We enjoyed our stay here but after 3 nights(once our fellow travellers departed) we moved next door (to the Sandy Beach Resort) for more classy rooms (and more expensive).

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank Carperdiem
Reviewed 18 January 2011

Beachfront location, nice pool, breakfast. Reasonable close to main township, wharf and tourist attractions. Keen and attentive management and staff.
Rooms were clean, serviced regularly but were still in their original 70s decor. Need an update to make them more attractive.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jabema
Reviewed 24 December 2010

The location is nice as it is right on the beach, however you can find many hotels on the same strech of that beach. The beach is awful, as they have motorboats running all the time, you have to watch for them when you are swimming. The beach is lovely, but Malaysia really need to think about no motorboat beaches.
The hotel was basic, the sheets were stained and ripped. The showers are nice, however none of the bathroom windows close and the bugs can fly in. I would have prefered a better hotel. They had no idea where the jungle treking was, or anything tourist realated except for the water sports

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank travelling_wit_2kids
Reviewed 4 April 2010

I travelled there with a group of old school friends and had not been there since I was 8. Same owners apparently. Shame they built the low rise ugly flats behind it but they didn't spoil the views from the front. Everything basic about the hotel but has most modern facilities, air conditioning, hot showers etc. If you're after totally modern, 5 star accommodation, service, etc. you would be disappointed but if you are looking to get away from that sort of generic type of hotel seen in every city/resort etc then I would recommend this hotel. We saw about 10 to 12 hornbills come down for their breakfast in the mornings and again for papaya and bread just before sunset (usually 7 am and 7 pm). The beach was great, although the locals could use their spare time a little better and clean this up every other day to get rid of rubbish (though there wasn't that much). After all, they are the ones who benefit from tourism on the island and make little effort to clean the beaches. This hotel is not one for people looking for a lively nightlife. It's for people who enjoy a little stroll into the village, enjoying the pleasures of a few good local clean restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2010