Lumut Country Resort
US$ 24
US$ 12
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 September 2013

If not for the excellent and warm services of this old dame's staff at the counter plus Mr Andy Ong we would rate this place as "terriblly poor". The staff can be seen trying their very best to upkeep and uphold the reputation of this once grand dame.... A sad thing to see this once grand dame of the first country resort becoming a horror movie set.

Room Tip: If not for the staff in this place I will like to suggest a by-pass
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank TackyAlf
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This place brought back fond memories but alas It was in a poor state of maintenance and hygiene.

The cleanliness was below par. The rooms and outfittings were stale and musty. The linens were worn down.

The restaurants that used to serve the best fish and chips and the pool bar were no longer operating. That left the swimming pool though looked inviting gave you doubt on its cleanliness.

the only consolation was the mature tropical garden. Do not venture too far as part of it were still in a wild state.

The hotel need a new love. The business model need to be reviewed as it was clearly on a downhill path. It may be old but cleanliness has nothing to do with age.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank LordOfKendal
Reviewed 8 December 2012 via mobile

Absolutely disastrous. At RM140 a night, I am absolutely flabbergasted at the quality of this 'resort'. I don't know what the previous positive reviewers before me found in this hotel, but I just don't see it. A 12x12 foot room, including bathroom. An empty minibar with some unexplainable burn marks. A 19 inch crt without any satellite channels. No tea making service. No access ramps or elevators to facilitate the less abled. I stayed in a BUDGET hotel in Malacca for RM100 a night that far exceeded this 'resort' by leaps and bounds. This hotel looks like it's still stuck in the era when it was built, the 80s! They also take that RM140 during check in, as a deposite, so you can't change your mind. Color me woefully dissatisfied. Here's the kicker, no breakfast provided. Never, if I get to live to 100, shall I be coming back here again. Hopefully, this hotel gets to die off soon enough.

• Stayed: December 2012
6  Thank d33n45hw311
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We arrived quite late afternoon..we didn't plan to overnight in Lumut but because of the kids, we decided to stay on... From internet browsing, we've chosen a different hotel/motel in which later we found out the 'tropical environment' were not as expected..
We accidentally found Lumut Country Resort and we immediately loved it as it was very peaceful & relaxing.. The front desk team were very helpfull..We love the simple deco (like the 70's) and although it's a bit 'old' motel, their cleanliness is superb! With that price, I bet this place can lasts longer compared to nearby hotel/motels...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank RRamli
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I booked this place on last minute notice as Hotel Crystal in Seri Manjung called me and cancelled my reservation 1 day I was due to arrive. (please dont go there, they forgot my reservation, then cancelled it "cause they were decided to do renovations 1 day before I was scheduled to arrive") based on the reviews here I booked the 'suite' which costs RM 190nett with RM 20 extra bed. The suite consists of two rooms joined together, with a double bed, a living room, a kitchenette and an ensuite bathroom. I needed the extra space as I was preparing for a sporting event and for this purpose, this suite was perfect and cozy.

They provided small bars of soap, a water boiler and 1 sachet of tea 3-in-1 mix. They also had a fridge and 2 thermos/flasks for our use.

I think with some improvements this place can be a real gem. Some specific improvement suggestions would be:

-replacing/cleaning some stained curtains.
-Updating the curtains with a more modern one.
-There's a musty/dusty smell in the room
-Musty smelling towels
-ensuring utensils are clean
-floors are dusty.

I think by ensuring these details are managed/maintained, this place can be a real gem, like a cute, cozy b&B boutique resort. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family