See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 December 2012 via mobile

Absolutely disastrous. At RM140 a night, I am absolutely flabbergasted at the quality of this 'resort'. I don't know what the previous positive reviewers before me found in this hotel, but I just don't see it. A 12x12 foot room, including bathroom. An empty minibar with some unexplainable burn marks. A 19 inch crt without any satellite channels. No tea making service. No access ramps or elevators to facilitate the less abled. I stayed in a BUDGET hotel in Malacca for RM100 a night that far exceeded this 'resort' by leaps and bounds. This hotel looks like it's still stuck in the era when it was built, the 80s! They also take that RM140 during check in, as a deposite, so you can't change your mind. Color me woefully dissatisfied. Here's the kicker, no breakfast provided. Never, if I get to live to 100, shall I be coming back here again. Hopefully, this hotel gets to die off soon enough.

• Stayed: December 2012
6  Thank d33n45hw311
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We arrived quite late afternoon..we didn't plan to overnight in Lumut but because of the kids, we decided to stay on... From internet browsing, we've chosen a different hotel/motel in which later we found out the 'tropical environment' were not as expected..
We accidentally found Lumut Country Resort and we immediately loved it as it was very peaceful & relaxing.. The front desk team were very helpfull..We love the simple deco (like the 70's) and although it's a bit 'old' motel, their cleanliness is superb! With that price, I bet this place can lasts longer compared to nearby hotel/motels...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank RRamli
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I booked this place on last minute notice as Hotel Crystal in Seri Manjung called me and cancelled my reservation 1 day I was due to arrive. (please dont go there, they forgot my reservation, then cancelled it "cause they were decided to do renovations 1 day before I was scheduled to arrive") based on the reviews here I booked the 'suite' which costs RM 190nett with RM 20 extra bed. The suite consists of two rooms joined together, with a double bed, a living room, a kitchenette and an ensuite bathroom. I needed the extra space as I was preparing for a sporting event and for this purpose, this suite was perfect and cozy.

They provided small bars of soap, a water boiler and 1 sachet of tea 3-in-1 mix. They also had a fridge and 2 thermos/flasks for our use.

I think with some improvements this place can be a real gem. Some specific improvement suggestions would be:

-replacing/cleaning some stained curtains.
-Updating the curtains with a more modern one.
-There's a musty/dusty smell in the room
-Musty smelling towels
-ensuring utensils are clean
-floors are dusty.

I think by ensuring these details are managed/maintained, this place can be a real gem, like a cute, cozy b&B boutique resort. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Lavy81
Reviewed 4 September 2011

This boutique style hotel has 40 rooms and 2 suites amid 4 acres of garden and ground beside the sea in Lumut, the jump-off point for Pangkor island. Location-wise it's 3mins by car to the ferry pier and Waterfront Promenade and next to the yacht club. We found it a safe place park the car especially for overnight stays in Pangkor. It was our 4th stay there so far. We return for the peace, serenity and lush greenery, not to mention the ylang ylang (chempaka) trees, flowers and coconut palms. For urbanites, the birdsong in the air is pure music. Listen to the chirps and tweets all day. Hornbills appear in the morning as do sparrows, orioles and other birds. Eagles hover overhead in the afternoons.
The rooms are unpretentious with twin beds, cane sitting chairs and table, desk, aircon, mini fridge, wardrobe and attached bathroom with shower, washbasin, toilet bowl and hot and cold water. Batik curtains and framed paintings add character.
Families like the adult and children's swimming pools. Several function rooms cater for meetings, seminars and workshops. Breakfasts are available on request. The two dining halls (upstairs and downstairs) serve lunch and dinner to group bookings by prior arrangement. As food is easily found outside, the management does not operate the restaurant except by special request.
Since this year the two new suites created by combining two rooms into one are a nice addition to the place. Each suite boasts a sitting room with kitchenette and French windows facing the garden and a double bed with en suite facilities. These are popular and advance reservation is advised.
Despite the improvements, the rates remain affordable. Single/double occupancy is RM110 per room and RM190 per suite. For that price, you can't expect the Four Seasons. But the staff is friendly and helpful, the colonial ambiance charming and the whole place pleasant.

Room Tip: A small family can share a suite room instead of taking two separate rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank pkfong
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Since we had a terrible experience with another resort, we felt a bit hesitant to stay in this hotel at first. However, the minute we met their front officer, we started feeling at ease. The rooms are quite small but cozy. The hotel is just nearby to the town, so search for food is not a problem. The resort has basic amenities, but no phone or TV remote in the room. The resort does not provide breakfast buffet, but we can order in the breakfast set in advance with minimum price. The swimming pool is quite small and clean.

One thing for sure, we love their staffs as they are so friendly and helpful. I feel so secure staying in this hotel.

We definitely will stay in this resort again … and will definitely recommend it to our friends…

Room Tip: Any room should be ok
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business