“Poor Experience”

Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Reviewed 26 June 2016

Room air cond is hot, reception girl is problem dun want change the normal room for me, just ask one guy to my room check but the guy said that is "OK INI LAH BOSS', so the reception didn't get back to me, so i call again check the out come she said my guy said ok!! so ?? i tell her i paid for hotel not for sauna!! if you dun want change is fine, i just write to social media about this, then she find another room for me, that is consider fine, but the feel is worse..better improve for this onwards.

Room Tip: near to town but better with transport, massage center is close early!!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Dear tifei87,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you for your stay with us, and taking the time to penned this review. Disappointed and concerned to learned that your stay did not turn up well.

Allow me to apologize with regards to the shortcomings. Please kindly rest assured that, I've address your feedback to the respective department head for further action and improvement on guests needs and services.

I deeply value your feedback and treat guests positive and negative feedback with concerned as we are committed providing hospitality services to valued guests.

I am deeply regret that considering the very negative impact this experience had on your recent stay. I hope this off experience doesn't deter you to stay with us again. Me and my team hope you will give us another opportunity to make it up. As such, we look forward to welcoming you back to ensure you will have a pleasant stay with us in the near future. Please do let me know when you are with us again and do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance for your future booking.

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

Last week I made reservations for three non smoking twin rooms and when I arrived, I was checked in by a Razif at the front desk who put me and my family into rooms no. 336, 343 and 335. Specifically I asked again for only non smoking rooms and was told that the 3rd floor is a non smoking floor. As soon as my family and I got into our rooms, it smelled of smoke and ash. And the moment we saw ash trays on the writing and bedside table, it confirmed that I was lied to by this Razif. Nothing is worse than being lied to. Very disappointed.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Gerard L
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

Dear Gerard L,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you for returning to stay with us. Disappointed and concerned to learned that your stay did not turn up well as you have expected.

Allow me to apologize with regards to the smoking room issue, please kindly rest assured I will personally look into the matter seriously. I have shared your review to the department head concerned, she do felt regret on this issue. As you read from other reviews this is not in line with the experience of our guests are having and deeply regret that isolated incident happen to you.

I deeply value your feedback and I treat guests positive and negative feedback with concerned as we are committed to providing excellent services simply because our guests deserve the very best.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I hope this off experience does not deter you from staying with us again. Me and my team look forward to the pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future should your travel brings you back on either business or leisure purpose, thereby allowing us the opportunity to deliver the quality service performance as expected of Regalodge Hotel Ipoh. Please contact me the next time you come, I will personally assistance for your future booking.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

Came to ipoh for business trip for 3days 2 nights. Walking distance to hospital ipoh. Parking limited but the staff really helpfull and tried to find the park for us. The hotel just opposite the tower regency hotel and the shop lots with cafe and restaurants. Room was nice and cozy - just good for rest after a long tiring day. Room service was excellent. The breakfast/food was good. At 1st day, their service at the hotel cafe was slow as there was only 1 waiter but the next day, the service improved. Definately will come again for the next trip and try the hotel spa. Bdw, gym is not available

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Dear IlyaMG,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you for staying with us and recognizing us as an affordable and comfortable hotel. Delighted my team have served you well and have met up to your expectation during your stay. Our affordable rates in Ipoh and our strategic location indeed has made the preferred choice from our guests especially for business and leisure travelers.

It is regrettable that there was a noticeable letdown on the slow service at the restaurant on your breakfast. Please kindly allow me to apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused to you. Your candid observation highlighted to us, help us to evaluate the weak spot and take necessary action.

It was a pleasure to have been in service to you. Me and my team looking forward to serve you again on your next business trip to Ipoh.

Stanley yap

Reviewed 24 May 2016

My girlfriend and I spent four nights at Regalodge and couldn't have been happier with the hotel. Sure, in places it felt a little dated (the lift door closes too quickly for example), but the cheeriness of all the staff, from the reception staff to the guard on the front gate more than made up for this.

The food is noticeably better than standard hotel fare. The breakfast is not a buffet one, but the quantity is more than enough and the quality of it superb.

The room was reliably and consistently cleaned every day, the wifi was reasonable and the location excellent for exploring Ipoh's old town.

Ipoh is a city we both really came to like and Regalodge is a big part of that.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter S
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Dear Peter S,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you for staying with us and penning your review on Tripadvisor. Delighted you and your companion had a great experience with us.

My team strive to offer excellent services while we maintained our competitive affordable rates which makes us the most value for money hotel in Ipoh without compromising on guest amenities, comfort and friendly services.

Please kindly rest assured, your review will be shared to my Team, and i'm sure they will be elated on your review.

Me and my Team look forward to welcoming you and your companion either leisure or business bring you back to Ipoh again, and have another relaxing stay with us.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

Overall very good! Warm welcome by the friendly staff. Hotel located near to Ipoh town, good location. We park our car at the hotel and walk to the town. Room is clean and nice and with WiFi access. Have a very good stay during our trip.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends

Dear JoCeLynMika,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you for staying with us and your great review on us at TripAdvisor. Delighted that we lived up to your expectation, especially our services, clean comfy rooms and location which is a stone throw away from famous eatery and local attraction spot in Ipoh.

We were honored to have your presence and even more with your great review! Once again thank you for staying with us and your ultimate rating. Me and my Team look forward for your return in the near future.

Warm regards,