“Great and value for money!”

Ranked #10 of 62 Hotels in Ipoh
Melaka, Malaysia
“Great and value for money!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

I was staying at this hotel for 3 days 2 nights in the superior room (14/7/2012 – 16/7/2012). I chose this hotel due to the good review about it. Plus, this hotel near to the starting point for Ipoh Century ride held at the Riverfront Hotel. This is very convenience for me. They also allow me to keep my bicycle inside the room which is another bonus for their great hospitality.

The room was nice and clean. The toilet was also clean with the basic amenities like toothbrush, razor, soaps and all that. The bed and the pillows are very comfortable. The air-cond was cold. Nice LCD tv with a lot of channels. I brought my dvd player just in case if I’m bored with the channels provided. But guess what, my dvd end up in the bag until the day I checked out :) The free 100 plus, Coca-cola, mamee in cup and chips was a nice touch. Keep it up!

But there is no buffet breakfast if u need one :) I thought it gonna be a buffet for the breakfast, but after I sit down at the table, then only I realized it was only an ala carte served. I have nothing against their ala carte style for breakfast but RM17 for a breakfast? Not a wise choice for me eventhough the foods was good and I love it. Maybe I just prefer buffet style rather than the ala carte.

Overall, it was a very nice stay with a very nice accommodation. But if I can say something about the front desk staff, I’m a lil bit disappointed about it upon check in. I was attended by the malay girl. I’m not sure whether she’s from the morning or the afternoon shift. But I was there to check in around 2pm – 2.30pm. I can’t feel the warms greeting from her. No explanation regarding the rooms, parking, how to get to the room, etc. However, I like your friendly housekeeping staff, the waiters and the security guard. Especially the uncle that working on the afternoon shift on the 16th.

Will definitely stay again at this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank avidrider
DixonChai, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this review, 12 August 2012
Dear avidrider,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you for telling us your experienced at Tripadvisor. Delighted to learn that you had a renewing stay with us. Most importantly our services and facilities delivered to you had met up to your expectation.

Regret to learn that you are not really enjoy our breakfast, as you are looking for buffet. However our Limestone's Fine Dining is only served ala carte breakfast, as we aimed to serve every of the meal fresh to our guests. I hope you may like it someday too! Anyhow, I hereby apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, as our Front office Assistance should have notify this to you upon your arrival. I have since shared your incidence to our Front Office Executive and she do felt regret on it. Kindly rest assured, necessary remediation will be taken immediately.

Me and my teams look forward to welcoming you again at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Regalodge Hotel Ipoh
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Penang, malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

It has been more than 10 years, my experience with Regalodge. I first started my experience with this hotel due to it's location.
No complaint as everything is so pleasant even 10 years ago. All staff from the front desk are so pleasant and always provide speedy check in service to guest. Even the Security guards, I always call them " uncle ", very friendly and helpful. From far they see my car drive in, they will point me the parking lot and try to assist me in luggage handling.
Room - reasonable and spacious with good air-cond system ( I prefer cold ) and it is adjustable. Good lighting, variety channels with the big LCD TV, free wifi, free drinks / food / tibits ( 2 x 500ml drining water, 1 x coke + 1 x 100 Plus + 1 x cup noodle + 1 x potato chips + 2 packs of 3 in 1 coffee and tea ), so much of FREE stuff :-) and never forget the free newspaper.
One thing I like the most, and also from all my other friends and colleagues who stay in Regalodge before - the bed and pillow. It is so comfortable and makes me so reluctant to wake up to work the next morning.
Water pressure is excellent and equipped with basic amenities.
Overall, this is my choice whenever I made my monthly trip to Ipoh, unless my last minute plan makes me unable to get a room. As I told my colleagues, Regalodge makes me feel like home. Never forget Sheila, who can recognize my voice from a simple " hello " over the phone. To Regalodge, please keep up the good service.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Irene_pg
Dear Irene_pg,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

I would like to express my gratitude to you for your support all these years! Delighted to learn that, our services & facilities had always met up to your expectations. Most importantly, you feel like home with us.

Sheila has been doing great, and i'm impressed as she recognize your voice by a simple “hello”. I am sure she will be elated when she read your comment here.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next trip. Thereby allowing us the opportunity to deliver you the quality service performance as expected for the next 10 years, this we promised. See you soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

We check in earlier and were given a temporary room to rest while waiting for our room. Very accommodating!

The location is the best of this hotel which is located in the center of Ipoh town, shops and restaurants are easily accessible. Room is cozy, clean and equipped with all basic amenities. Not to mention everything in the minibar are free! The hotel staff are friendly and well trained. Ala Carte breakfast they serve are up to standard!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Mario312
Dear Mario312,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you for your feedback! Delighted to learn that, you had a renewing stay with us. Most importantly, our services facilities had met up to your expectations. Pleased to know that you enjoyed your breakfast too at our restaurant The Limestone's Fine Dining Ipoh.

We look forward the opportunity to welcoming you back, soon. Thank you!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

On the whole, I found the stay at Regalodge fuss free and fun-filled.

From the start when we were confirming reservations, I was surprised to receive two calls in Singapore from Sherrie clarifying our room arrangements. No other hotel has ever done this before in my experience.

Check in was smooth and we found the rooms to be cozy and comfortable. The delivery of the extra bed requested for was super quick. In the mini bar is a can of Coke and H20 as well as a packet of potato chips - all FOC. Also provided for was an instant cup of noodles and the usual beverages - tea/coffee.

Front office staff were very helpful and when we asked for directions to various places, gave clearly drawn maps (in particular, Sherrie continued to follow up on our stay each and every day)

we loved the breakfast... instead of the usual breakfast buffet, we could choose from an ala carte menu. My personal favourite? Scottish Lamb Steak Pie... yumz!

In terms of location, we found it possible to walk almost everywhere we wanted. From eating - tim sum, bean sprout chicken or just a local food centre - to shopping at Ipoh Parade, it was doable with my kids (youngest 7yrs).

We were there a total of 4D/3N and the kids are already asking to go back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Fr0nd
Dear Fr0nd,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Delighted to learn that, you and your family had a renewing stay with us. Most importantly, our services & facilities had met up to your expectations.

Thank you so much for your compliment on our Sales Executive, Sherry. Elated to learn that you had a great arrangement by her. It gave me a great pleasure to deliver your compliment to her, and i'm sure she will absolutely delighted on it.

Pleased to know that you enjoyed your breakfast too, at our restaurant The Limestone's Fine Dining Ipoh. I look forward the opportunity to invite you for the dinner as well, we serve European fine dining cuisine, with cozy atmosphere and gracious service, allow us to inspire you again.

Me and my teams look very forward to welcoming you and your family soon at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh. Thank you and have a nice day!

KL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

Service is good and room is clean except for the beds were a bit soft. Great location.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank travelmumKL
Dear travelmumKL,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you for your feedback! Delighted to learn that, you had a renewing stay with us. Most importantly, our services had met up to your expectations.

I'm so sorry about the beds in your room were soft. We are constantly checking the condition of the rooms, as well as the beds, to ensure we deliver the best possible room to our guests. We might have overlook on this. I have since share this issue to our Housekeeping Executive and he do felt regret on it. Kindly rest assured, immediate remediation will be taken.

I hope the above issue will not deter you to stay with us again. Me and my teams look forward to welcoming you back, soon. Thank you!