The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat
Regalodge Hotel Ipoh(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
US$ 37
US$ 33
US$ 92
US$ 84
Preferred Hotels
Ipoh French Hotel(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
US$ 35
US$ 30
US$ 33
US$ 30
US$ 22
Agoda.com
Hotel Station 18(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
US$ 16
US$ 14
US$ 34
Agoda.com
M Boutique Hotel, Ipoh(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
US$ 61
US$ 45
  • Breakfast included
MU Hotel(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
US$ 48
US$ 46
Trip.com
All reviewscrystal cavewater villajeff's cellarsteam cavegarden villaprivate pooljungle walkfish spapomelo restauranthot springsdr fishwine cellargeothermal waterdipping potsdipping poolice bathspa treatments
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I spent only one night in that resort but I felt that I got a piece from Paradise. I would like to go back their again.
I got a water villa it's so nice & well furnished.
The sutff were so cute & helpful. They serve you with good smile all time.

Room Tip: I took villa no. 18
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aomario
TheBanjaran, The Management at The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

We are very delighted to read that your stay was nice and enjoyable and we thank you very much for having taken the time to share your thoughts with us. Your nice comments have already been shared with all our team and we can assure you that they have been highly appreciated.

We sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back soon for another nice experience with us.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Although this is my 3rd stay, each time I step into the resort, I am awed by the beauty of the resort and the feeling of serenity that envelops you. It's like stepping into another world - the quaint villas with your own mini private hot springs, the leafy walks meandering through the whole resort, the welcome service...

My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights recently. Tried the yoga class which was very relaxing, and easy enough for beginners to follow. Lovely dinner at the Pomelo, apparently they have a new chef. As we were a group of 9 people, we asked the resort to organize a trek up to a cave (forgot the name, but the resort staff will know). Well, this trek took us from the Banjaran resort, through the neighboring theme park called Lost World Of Tambun. Another 15 minutes walk and we started climbing 630 steps up to the cave. Our whole group were not very athletic but our 3 guides were wonderful and made sure we had enough rest stops to get us through. All the panting was worthe it- the interior of the cave is awesome. It is quite a big cave with many sections to explore and there is a part of the cave where the whole wall is like a mural although it was all natural rock formation. Fantastic experience.
Yes, I would go there again if I have the chance...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank karinMalaysia
TheBanjaran, The Management at The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

We sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back soon for another nice experience, with us.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

We finished off a very busy holiday with a stay here to rest and relax before the flight home. We enjoyed every moment of it, the scenery is breathtaking and the villas are spacious and beautifully appointed. The steam cave, the dipping pools and the swimming pool were all enjoyable and the caves were spectacular.The service was great, the chef Wong came out and discussed the menu with us and offered to make anything we wanted if we did not want what was on the menu. He modified the Seafood Green Curry to suit my husbands preference and he was spot on with it. If the desert tasting plate is available I strongly recommend that you try it - very delicious! We had breakfast, lunch and dinner in the hotel and enjoyed every meal. Some other reviewers had mentioned small portion sizes but we couldn't finish any of our meals. A huge thank you to Wong. Though all staff were very good, special mention should also be made of Daniel - this young man went above and beyond with everything and he was very interesting to talk to. He took us to the cellar after dinner, what an experience that is! You can't stay here and not have a drink there - it is like something from a movie set, the cave is beautiful and the music playing set the scene beautifully. The manager introduced herself when we checked in and came and said goodbye when we checked out, she was very welcoming and wanted to ensure we had a good stay.This is a very relaxing place to recharge your batteries and we would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LyndaGoldCoast
TheBanjaran, The Management at The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Reviewed 4 August 2012

The property is located in Tambun approximately 15 minutes drive from Ipoh town. It is small and intimate and consist of only 25 villas. This coupled by the fact that no children under 12 is allowed makes the resort very peaceful. The backdrop of limestone hills is spectacular although I find the resort's landscaping to be basic and can be improved upon. This is a hotspring resort and hence there are various pools of heated geothermal water for the guest's enjoyment.
I personally don't find the price of the villas excessive as it is very well appointed with a plunge pool and also a jacuzzi with the geothermal water piped in. In essence, you do not need to leave your villa if you so desire. The Spa facilities are extensive and expensive and the massage that I had was ordinary.
There is only one restaurant, the Pomelo. The breakfast spread was quite limited but understandable as the occupancy was low. We only had breakfast at the resort and the rest of our meals in Ipoh. The food was ordinary. Service was good but not spectacular.
I find all the supposedly natural facilities like the sauna cave, crystal cave, ice bath a bit of a hype and quite gimmicky but enjoyed the jungle walk and meditation caves as they are both very authentic. Jeff's cellar was nice for a few drinks.
Since it was only 2 hours drive from Kuala Lumpur, it makes a good retreat from city life and I will be back soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank feibeesi

Thank you for your very nice and detailed review about our resort and for sharing your observations during your stay. We have noted your thoughts about our property and we thank you for your support.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

The ground of the resort have everything you need to do in Ipoh...the caves were excellent...steam room, crystal room and cellar. It is 100% natural and the ground are very well maintained. I was initially shock by the price but no regrets. All villas have their jacuzzi and lap pool but the common hot springs in the resort are wonderful as well. Only down side would be the food..but since we drove, town is just a mere 15-20 min drive away

1  Thank mum-Emma