“Interesting fare”

Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 25
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2017

The dishes are really quite interesting. I enjoy the fried aubergine chips, Philippine style and black pepper venison. Soft shell crab is crisp and lovely.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

My family and I went for dinner at this restaurant twice. Both time it was great. The food was excellent! The salted egg chicken was our favourite. It was very tasty and great value for money. We also enjoyed their signature tofu dish. We really enjoyed the food at this restaurant. It's also ac which is great as Malaysia is quite hot and humid. Parking was also fairly easy; we found parking right in front of the restaurant both time. Mum is also in a wheelchair and this place is wheelchair friendly which is another big plus! We found the prices at this restaurant to be very reasonable and most importantly the food was excellent. I would visit this restaurant again when I'm next in Ipoh!

Reviewed 23 December 2016

This is not your typical Ipoh Asian food. I guess it is served in a gourmet style with a comfortable atmosphere and excellent presentation. The food quality is good too and it is a good experience when you are sick of the typical Chinese food. However, gourmet style has it's cons of higher price.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

This is the second time we went. The food taste good as before. Love the ambience of the restaurant. Thou the food a bit pricy.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

1919 was suggested by a friend who was a local. The ambience of the place was commendable as we had 10 in our group and we were comfortably seated. Price was not an issue as I only wanted a place where I could play host to the group.
The manager was very good in his suggestions, and not pushy at all with what dishes we should have. The restaurant's signature entree was a hit with everyone and so with all the dishes that we ordered. The staff were really friendly and service was with a smile. We had a great time and enjoyed both the food and the service. I would highly recommend this restaurant, not only to overseas visitors but also to Malaysians.