“Very Good”

Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 25
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

1919 was suggested by a friend who was a local. The ambience of the place was commendable as we had 10 in our group and we were comfortably seated. Price was not an issue as I only wanted a place where I could play host to the group.
The manager was very good in his suggestions, and not pushy at all with what dishes we should have. The restaurant's signature entree was a hit with everyone and so with all the dishes that we ordered. The staff were really friendly and service was with a smile. We had a great time and enjoyed both the food and the service. I would highly recommend this restaurant, not only to overseas visitors but also to Malaysians.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for 1919 Restaurant and Gallery

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Don't get me wrong. I have heard great things about this place and my cousin even had his reception at this place and they are massive foodies.

The food did taste good and if you are looking for consistent good flavour these guys have done it well. The set up is also very nyonya.

Unfortunately the bill came and it shocked us tremendously.

Rm 77 for butter prawns ( we only got 7 prawns) and Rm 80 for a fish which was possibly fished out too early from its farming pond to even be fit for the table. That's was the only issue.

They did try to say that it's usually 10 prawns that should be on the plate and these have always been their prices. My folks have been there twice before and they weren't too happy at the bill.

Portion sizes are small for what you pay. I can even go to a hipster restaurant in KL and not pay this much.

All in all, they do take cards for this reason. Use this facility well.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Food was tasty but prices are seriously overpriced. Please be careful when ordering seafood. We paid RM 77 for the prawns and there were only 7 (this was a small) and fish (Garuda) was RM65.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

I entertained some Kiwi friends visiting me at The Haven, Tambun. The waitress made some recommendations. The Pandan Chicken and Ginger Honey Deep Fried Chicken was a great combination dish. The Japanese tofu with cashew nuts was brilliant..The Yam Basket with chicken was tops. Overall with 4 dishes feeding 5 adults and One two-year old girl it was value for money. . Bill came up to rm 100. I gave the waiter a rm 10 tip.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

Good Thailand and Fusion Food
They have quite some mix menu which have both thailand and fusion food between Chinese and Thailand menu.
Service is indeed not at par with ALOT of room for improvement.
It can be fully occupied so either call for reservation or go on different hours.