“SHACK AND RUN DOWN.... EVERYTHING IS A LIE......” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating

Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
Kuantan, Malaysia
“SHACK AND RUN DOWN.... EVERYTHING IS A LIE......”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

4/5/2012 WE are from USA.. My wife is From Malaysia. We are here for 6 months. We purchased our tickets online and loved the pictures everthing was great.. Keep in mind we have a house here too 40 min away. We get here and what a disapointment wow nothing is the same as online at all. I understand if you say your under construction. I would say when since the 1980's wow very old looking and rude and just dumb people. ( now the Manager and Head Manager are amazing nice) everyone else is just rude... and our room was changed due to age and for our troubles we get a free meal while my pregnant wife was attacked by 2 cats and nothing was done. we had to serve ourself. but the food was free ... not sure it was worth it at all. The room was a joke the tv was 20 inch tv with static you could not even see picture .. took 1 hour just to get toilet paper. doors never locked ever. towels would fall apart in your hand. so were we happy no ... it was suppose to be relaxing not work.......

Room Tip: Come Back In 20 Years When They Remodel...but managements great
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank petersharp1980
HVCherating, Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Dear Sir / Madam

Greetings from Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating,

Thank you for your comments and we are concern of the setbacks encountered during your stay and we sincerely apologies for all the inconvenience it had caused you.

We apologies on the room condition that was provided and will ensure that appropriate measure to be taken accordingly.
Hotel refurbishment is ongoing at the moment in order to ensure that our rooms are upkeep at the best level. We will also ensure that service staff will be trained to ensure that room amenities required to be send to guest room as soon as possible.

We apologies for your inconveniences cause during the meal during your stay, as measure has also been taken place in order to reduce cats from entering to the restaurant.

We hope you will not judge the standard of the hotel on this one experience and allow it to deter you from patronizing our hotel.

We once again thank you for your comments. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel on your next visit.

Yours sincerely,
The Management
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

My whole family went there, booked 4 chalet rooms. Suppose can check in 2pm, but earliest almost 3pm can only enter the room. One of our room only ready at 4pm! What kind of service like this?. It is like cheating customers! In my room, there were towels of previous occupant and still wet! bad cleaning service. I will never come here again and will not recommend this resort to others.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank damanhuri

Travellers are raving about these Kuantan hotels

KL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I was here during a short break. At first, the receptions doesn't really have any courtesy to greet the customer upon our arrival. Nevertheless, a person who entertaining us was rude.
Secondly, I was surprised how "tired" their room look like. I doesn't feel like I am on vacation at all.

To who ever deciding to stay here, please think twice.
They don't deserved our money with this kind of services and accommodation.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank fahmyzs
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

I purchased this coupon via groupon in October. I arrived here yesterday and I was utter shock as the help guy dragged our bags to the first level. The floor was atrocious. The ironing boards was placed messily on the walkway. The help had trouble opening the front door. That very moment my husband n I just stared at each other. The door opened so did my jaw! Carpet was black n terrible. Bathroom was not clean. There was leakage in the bathroom. Pls don't ever come to this place let alone buy tickets from Groupon! we are just very down. I want my money back.

• Stayed February 2011
5 Thank coolcatmimie
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

When I bought a Groupon voucher for a night's stay at Holiday Villa Cherating, I didn't think much beside a good relaxing escapade with my girlfriend. However as the date neared, I checked the review on tripadvisor and to my horror, there were a lot of negative reviews. It was really worrisome especially after the recent nightmare of having bed bugs as companies in Ubud, Bali.

Thankfully upon out arrival, the place was pleasant. Maybe we went without any expectations but it was clean (considering its the monsoon season), the room was nice, and the beach front was filled with beach chairs and even a tree swing!

We stayed in a deluxe room (pool view) and it was really nice; nothing luxurious but good value! On the down side, the service was a bit slow. On a off-season, I would expect the workers to be more efficient (though they looked busy on the phones). Also, I would have appreciated it if we got to check-in earlier than the usual 2pm. At the lobby, a small gesture of serving the guests with a glass of tropical drink would have been nice as well. Maybe the management would like to consider refurbishing the place as well as it looked pretty old. Overall, it was good.

Room Tip: I got a pool view deluxe room
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AdamYJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuantan
4.5 km away
8.7 km away
Samsuria Beach Resort & Residence
4.4 km away
Cherating Eastana Beach Resort

Been to Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK