“dirty and not well maintain”
Review of Sanctuary Resort

Sanctuary Resort
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“dirty and not well maintain”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

we just came back from cherating last weekend. We were tere for 3d2n for my husband's office family day. The apartment was dirty and smelly full of dust and i wonder if they change the bed sheets too because they look worn down and smelly. The floor is dirty and not mopped. The toilet flush in the bathroomnot working. I do not recomend this resot for yr holiday

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SopiahAlicia
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Indonesian first
Oakland, California
Reviewed 21 February 2012

When I first arrived at the Sanctuary Resort, delightfully cool sea breezes swirled around me in the lobby where I stood. I was welcomed with warm smiles by the staff at the front desk. When I was shown to my apartment, I was pleased with the sense of spaciousness of the rooms, and happy to find a sturdy wood table where I could sit and write. I wandered out to the balconey to see a view of the sea through the tops of the trees. At night I looked out at stars that were brighter than any I'd seen before, even in the desert. As it was a holiday, there were many families and children playing in the pool as I went swimming. Everyone was friendly and relaxed. I had a good stay and recommend it.

Room Tip: Block C has sea views right on the beach.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank nomadstar
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Booked a 3-bedroom apartment (with 2 extra beds), Room 2201 for 2 nights in January 2012. The apartment is very spacious, but very old building & not well maintained. The rooms are very smelly, dirty, the water pipe system not in order, air-conditioning is messed up, need to be serviced. When we checked in, there’s a room (Room 2201) with a balcony with a broken lock! Meaning somebody could just climb to the balcony and walk into the apartment just like that. When I asked the reception how’s the security at the resort, they replied “at the moment there’s no cases.” I’m not convinced. And there’s no single security guards around.
To say that it’s an “under average resort” would be an understatement. Easily the worst resort I’ve ever stayed in my life.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Izzudin

Travellers are raving about these Kuantan hotels

Johor, Johor, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I read the negative reviews about this resort but i still go ahead & booked a 3 day 2 nite stay in the 2-Room Apartment. I was thinking maybe it will not be as bad considering the fact that they are charging RM350 per nite.
Well.. I regretted it.
First when we arrived, the front desk staff was UNFRIENDLY. They keep on emphasizing that NO VISITORS are allowed in the hotel. Such an Unfriendly rule for a resort. We have relative staying nearby & they intended to come by but the hotel staff strictly said no visitors.
We had to pay extra RM40 extra 2 persons.
When we entered the room.. to our surprise, the room was very dusty, the pillow cases very dirty. The phone was spoilt. & till we checked out, they did not come & repair.
The swimming pool not clean at all. We can't be bothered to try out all other facilities because we were too upset.
We had to pay further RM80 for 2 extra beds in addition to the RM40 for the 2 extra person.
Altogether we had to pay RM860 for our 2 nite stay in a DUSTY 2-Room Apartment in a Bad Serviced Unfriendly Resort.
NOT WORTH AT ALL..

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank drdha
Gold Coast Australia
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stayed at Sanctuary Resort in November 2010. We had booked a week but left after a couple of days. The resort was very run down with rubbish bags in the grounds, many empty bottles and unkept gardens. Overall it was very dirty. The unit was a 2 bedroomed , the kettle was dirty, sink unclean lots of dust and dirt on the floors, toilets and bathroom unclean, very damp in the rooms. The linen and towels were clean. The room where breakfast was held was dirty, the tables unclean and food on the floor. The shop had little to tempt us and the service was not good. We asked to be shifted to another room which was a 3 bedroom unit facing the beach. It was much nicer on first impression but the toilet leaked on the floor, empty water bottles behind the TV cabinet. There were gaps under the doors and a snake came into one of the bedrooms. This resort needs to be renovated.

Even though the resort is facing the beach and a lovely view, the beach is very unclean with bottles, dirty nappies and rubbish. Please don't have a swim.

The only good thing about the resort was the young lady on the desk. She was most obliging and understood our complaints. There were no taxis etc and no brochures.

We will never go back there for a holiday.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank meg606
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuantan
8.4 km away
12.2 km away
Suria Cherating Beach Resort, Kuantan
3.1 km away
Samsuria Beach Resort & Residence

Been to Sanctuary Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK