We chose this colonial-style boutique hotel in search of a cozy and personal place to stay for our vacation in the Cameron Highlands. We were accommodated with an early check-in upon our arrival in the morning and were upgraded to a Junior Suite. Our room was nice and roomy, bed was comfortable, bathroom (both bathub and shower) was ok. We spent long hours in the hotel due to rainy weather and enjoyed the common areas for reading, relaxing and afternoon teas. We were offered complimentary fruit, chocolates and fresh-cut roses in our room.
On the recurrent topics in this forum:
1 - Location is indeed quite isolated. Not a big issue per se but you will need transportation for whatever you want to see or do, including dining outside. A one-way transfer by public taxi to Tanah Rata at time of writing will cost you 35 MYR; you can rent taxi by the hour at the rate of 30 MYR the hour (minimum 3 hours).
2 - All rooms face the Cameron Highlands highway and are somewhat noisy. Nothing that will spoil your vacation but you will hear traffic noise starting from the early morning through late in the evening.
3 - Breakfast is ok, with choice of eggs, meats, cheese, fruit, yoghurt, pancakes, bread, pastries, cereals, basically all the essential for a rich and hearty breakfast. The choice of pastries might have been better but, in the whole, per our taste, breakfast was good enough.
4 - Food and Beverage is pricy. We did not have any major meals in the house (except breakfasts) but we checked the menu daily and 80++MYR per person for a three-course meal with nothing special on it (soup/roast beef/cake) seemed quite high. We had more fun going for local food outside for less than half the price.
5 - Our room did not have TV (which did not bother us at all), with TV available in the common guest area at the ground floor. Wireless was available only in the common area; it would have been nice to have it in the room as well.
All accounted, we were happy with the experience. This boutique hotel has style, charm and character. We would recommend it to those looking for similar criteria.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 200km north of Kuala Lumpur, set against lush state reserve forests 1,000m above sea level in the Cameron Highlands, The Lakehouse is a Tudor-style country house overlooking the Sultan Abu Bakar Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lakehouse, Cameron Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lakehouse, Cameron Highlands Hotel Ringlet
- Days Inn Ringlet
- Lakehouse Cameron Highlands Ringlet
- The Lakehouse, Cameron Highlands Ringlet