Stayed at the Lake House for 2 nights on December 2011.
Arrived after a long drive from Kuala Lumpur. Hotel looks very nice and it fits perfectly in such a scenic location. Parking spaces are available for residents. Weather was much cooler than KL also which was a relief!
When we got there, our room was not ready yet so we had a drink on the terrace. Our first disappointment was when we decided to order lunch, we were presented with a limited menu and we found the items to be quite expensive.
We were lead to our room which is nicely styled with the four poster bed and it fits perfectly with the Tudor era charm of the place. Bed and linens were crisp and clean. Tea and coffee facilities and a fruit platter are available in the room.
A little bit more of lighting would have helped a lot though.
It's worth noting that one of the lampshades was fitted with 200W bulbs which were literally melting the wall socket and was too hot to touch! Everything was being held in place with electric tape. A massive fire risk in my opinion and not expected for a hotel of this class.
Our biggest disappointment was the following day when we were told that the whole hotel was fully booked for a wedding which took place on the terrace.
Loud music was played all evening and throughout the night. We obviously didn’t get any sleep till 3 or 4 AM.
Breakfast is also a bit limited in choice and is not buffet
There is no pool or hydro massage bath
No TV or WIFI service in room which might be good for some and bad for others ( Wi-Fi and TV in bar area / lobby )
Nothing much to do in the evenings since next to the hotel, there are only some flower and vegetable shops.
I suggest going out with the car to neighboring village of Tanah Rata which is around 20 mins drive up the mountain.
On a positive note they will wash your car every morning and upon arrival, found a large bouquet of roses on the bed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 200km north of Kuala Lumpur, set against lush state reserve forests 1,000m above sea level in the Cameron Highlands, The Lakehouse is a Tudor-style country house overlooking the Sultan Abu Bakar Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lakehouse, Cameron Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lakehouse, Cameron Highlands Hotel Ringlet
- Days Inn Ringlet
- Lakehouse Cameron Highlands Ringlet
- The Lakehouse, Cameron Highlands Ringlet