Had visited Cameron Highlands in April, 2011 along with family. Should say the if one wants serenity and peaceful environment Lake House is the place to be. It's history as told by one of our guide is that it earlier belonged to a Britisher, after whose death was sold at a very low price to an organisation in Singapore. It really has the British feel with wooden flooring, fire place, cozy furniture. The chef is very warm and welcoming and is ready to cook whatever you want on best effort basis. We had few issues with food, since there wasn't much option for people who does not prefer eating meat. The rooms do not have any kind of interruption (i.e. no phone, tv, wifi etc.), there is just a heritage looking phone to call room service. Its fabulous to sit at their common balcony in front of the lake in the morning and evening and enjoy the "BOH" tea (Best of Highlands). I would definitely recommend the place for those who just do not want to be disturbed and have a relaxed stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 200km north of Kuala Lumpur, set against lush state reserve forests 1,000m above sea level in the Cameron Highlands, The Lakehouse is a Tudor-style country house overlooking the Sultan Abu Bakar Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lakehouse, Cameron Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lakehouse, Cameron Highlands Hotel Ringlet
- Days Inn Ringlet
- Lakehouse Cameron Highlands Ringlet
- The Lakehouse, Cameron Highlands Ringlet