We stayed there in March for a night. The first room we had was not too bad, but we found a big patch of wet carpet, probably with mildew or fungus at the entrance of the bathroom. We did not notice that at first but as soon as we did, we asked for a change of room. With one of having a big allergic reaction to mildew, we needed to be out of the room as soon as we could.
Thankfully, we were moved to a much better room at floor 11 (from floor 9). This room is very much better maintained, even the toileteries were different, and it is much cleaner. Later I found out it was the Executive Level. So maybe it is worth paying for a little extra to have rooms up two floors? I am unsure why the room at Level 9 was still given to hotel guests.
Breakfast was decent - there is a selection of food and tasty too.
We had some hot drinks in the evening: do not expect city quality. It is very much Malaysian standard fare.
Having read so much bad reviews of this place, I was hesitant in booking a room here but we did not have much of a choice as this is the most decent hotel so far in Seremban. If you are prepared for some of the lack lustre descriptions that other reviewers have raised, and if you request for a clean and nice room, perhaps the experience could be good. It is a pity as many would have pointed out that some rooms lack the care it needed.
Our experience overall was satisfactory given everything else. We had a great room in the end and I would stay there again, if I had to return to Seremban. Otherwise, the nearest more decent hotels would be a good 20 miles away in Port Dickson.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royale Chulan Seremban (formerly Known as The Royale Bintang Resort and Spa Seremban) is situated at the Lake Garden district of the state capital of Negeri Sembilan Darul Khasus. This 4-star suburban property offers guests a place where their utmost comfort is provided through excellent amenities and accommodations. Both business and leisure travellers will get to appreciate the view of the hilly landscapes of Seremban and the culture of hospitality Royale Chulan Seremban is known for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royale Chulan Seremban reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royale Bintang Resort And Spa Seremban
- The Royale Bintang Resort & Spa Seremban Hotel Seremban
- Royale Bintang Hotel Seremban