All reviews jungle trek nasi lemak bbq pit open air mosquito net close to nature fresh air bring your own water dispenser unique experience great escape jungle setting tranquil retreat rainy season luxury resort nearby waterfall touch with nature
Reviewed 28 June 2016

This review is based on the terrible customer service I received from the Dusan staff.

I had previously stayed at the Dusan twice and was booking for my third, unfortunately due to the staff terrible customer service the third occasion did not occur and I'm writing this review to make other travelers aware that this could happen to them!
After my online booking the Dusan gave me 7 days to pay, I paid on day 4 (3 days prior to the contract end). But they cancelled my booking anyway and gave it to another customer who booked after me but paid before me. They broke the written contract I had with them to receive payment within 7 days of booking.

I still wanted the booking so the staff then fabricated that I had verbally told them I did not want the room. This did not happen. So in the end i was left without a room.

There was no offer to make amends for their error.

4  Thank Brett C
dusun, Owner at The Dusun, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

We were in the wrong with this one. The booking letter asked him to pay by 31 May and he paid by 30 May. Sot we should not have cancelled the booking - regardless of any telephone calls which took place. Our sincere apologies to this guest. But just to explain - when bookings are requested a week or less away, or at times of high demand, we put a payment date in the booking letter. If payment is not made by that date, we do cancel. This is because we have only 6 houses, so if we suffer a real loss from no shows or last minute cancellations.

Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed in Berembun and the whole stay was still pleasant and quiet even-though it was fully booked! I must say we really enjoyed the easy access to the pool and we love the sun deck adjoined to Berembun. We had a great bbq dinner on the first nite (chicken skewers, wrapped siakap/barramundi, roasted pumpkins & potatoes) for RM160. The staff will start the bbq fire for you on simple wok & mesh wire set up. Basic but great!! We bought some corns and added to the grill. Simply lovely!! The 2nd nite, there was a power outage throughout the hill but it was great experience enjoying the nature & tranquility at night. It was not hot at all but one advice; do prepare lots of mosquito coils during your stay, buy plenty of snack, beverages and bring a good book!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank serumz
dusun, Owner at The Dusun, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Even loved the blackout! Occasionally, we have tree falls on the road from Pantai, which knocks out the power supply. But we have solar lights on each deck that you can bring into the house if necessary.I would also advise guests to bring repellant for walking around. In the rooms we have cape mats - we do not encourage lighting coils inside the houses. Our houses are made of wood...

Reviewed 19 June 2016

The Dusun is the ideal place for people looking for an escape from the hustle bustle of city life. The air is fresh, the view from our unit is stunning. This is the best way to get close to nature.

We had a 2-night stay in The Dusun, Tembusu House. Our house is a double storey unit. The living area is on the top storey, while the toilet and kitchen is at the lower level. The kitchen is well-equipped with rice cooker, cooking pots (various sizes), cooking pans, utensils and some basic seasoning. We bought some food from Tesco in Seremban and I managed to cook a decent meal.

The living area is spacious; there is wall but no door. So the good thing is you get an unblocked view of the mountain. At night, sleeping in a room without a door is quite thrilling. But we did not worry too much because the area was gated. The entrance gate is closed in the evening. Sleeping with the sounds of the insects, crickets, and the frog is truly a unique experience. Though there was no aircon (only fan), the place gets quite cold at night. Waking up the next day to the lush greenery, greeted by the chirping of the birds and sounds of the cricket is an amazing experience that I’ll never forget.

On our first day, we didn't close the mosquito net until evening, and realized that some insects have got onto our bed. Please learn from our lesson: close the mosquito net once you check in!

You'll find flying insects, mosquitos, snails, frogs in the house. We even saw a dead bat on the second morning. You need to adjust your mindset a bit because you are living in their space. So please respect (but not harm) them.

Our first breakfast was nasi lemak. I find it bare because there was only one egg, few slices of cucumber and anchovy. I requested for some toast bread and was happy with it. On day two, we had 'Lempeng', a kind of pan cake with curry. The curry was really yummy. All the breakfast came with coffee/tea, fruit juice and cut fruit.

In the afternoon, the place gets quite hot. We drove down to Seremban city centre to get some aircon and to replenish our wine. It was only 25 mins drive. The only thing is when we drive back to the Dusun, there was a short stretch of very steep road with a very sharp turn. But we did fine (we drove a Myvi), just keep it slow and you'll be okay.

My only comment is the management should replace the mosquito net (it has got many holes) and the knife (which was bent and blunt).

Room Tip: Remember to close the mosquito net before it turns dark.
3  Thank Merlion42
dusun, Owner at The Dusun, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

Thank you for your review. You have the "Dusun" attitude of sharing space with other living things - we like that. Thanks for your feedback too - we have replaced the knife and we are working on tailoring a new net.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

We stayed at the Tembusu Room for one night to experience the natural surrounding and indeed it was a pleasant one.

I would urge visitors to read the FAQ from their website and be mentally prepared it is not meant to be a spa resort so some furnitures may look a bit run-down and rustic:
- Mosquitoes: there are really many and this is part of the experience. Sleeping on a bed with mosquito netting is quite an experience
- Transport: The drive up the Dusun is quite steep and there is only space for one car so it is really important that you communicate your arrival time with the staff
- Food: There is a decent kitchen with the necessary condiments so do make full use of it by bringing food to cook there. The entrance closes at about dinner time and you wont really want to drive out for dinner
- Accommodation: The Tembusu Room is like a balcony so that you can have a view of the forest when you sleep. There is not really a door but the place is safe; you just need to be mentally prepared for that.

The place only have 6 "buildings" to accommodate 18 guests. A good place if you want some quiet time (less the chirping of birds and buzzing of crickets/lizards)

1  Thank tksoh
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

I do not know about the other houses but I do feel Perling Bukit needs spring cleaning.

By saying that, I can pass the stains on the mattress at the window, stains on the curtains, the dirt inside the candle holder and the dark pans.

I CAN'T pass the dirt at the opening of the water dispenser. Felt eerie each time I take water from the dispenser.

Nonetheless, the toilet is clean. Breakfast is nice (try going out to the breakfast place rather than having them at your stay because it is very comfortable there).The environment is nice.

I feel one will need to bring own gas stove and pot for steamboat.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joan C
dusun, Owner at The Dusun, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

We really appreciate your feedback on Perling House. We are doing a spring clean this week, including replacing the window seat cover and the curtains.